Barcelona

The two best ways to get from the BCN airport are a taxi or the cruise ship's transfers. However, the transfers are expensive compared to the taxi cost. I think the taxi is about the equivalent of $25. It's about a 30 minute drive, I think.

We are booked on EasyJet from BCN to Stansted (one of London's airports). Our one way air for TWO is $72.

We have also flown roundtrip from the US, via London with a free 2-night layover, on British Airlines.

The cruise port is close to the center of the city. Take a taxi. It will cost you $25 or so.

Which airlines? hmmm. :)

At least one of the low cost airliens (I think Ryan, but not sure) does not use BCN but an airport way the heck out. That makes the transfer a PITA. A shuttle bus schlepping bags then a taxi. Not worth it in, IMHO.

If looking at the budget airlines make sure you know what the luggage limits are and what the cost is for excess baggage. That said, I read that BA is now charging (a lot) for a second bag, so you better check luggage rules on any airline.

Paul

One thing you will want to clarify before you book air from London is how much luggage you may bring. I know a lot of the discount carriers have very low fares but also very low luggage weight minimums, with hefty fees for going over. For some, this is not a problem but I would not do well under such a system.

The warning about Ryanair is worth heading. Ryanair flies our of Girona or Reus, which are quite far and more difficult to get to.

Easyjet flies to Luton, Standstead or Gatwick. You will also find that Iberia and BA both offer pretty good deals into Gatwick (Iberia codeshares some BA flights). But flying into Heathrow will almost double the air fare.

Easyjet's luggage limit is one piece of hand luggage and 20kg of checked baggage. They can and they will charge you for being over the limit. BA's limit is 23kg of checked baggage and one piece of hand luggage.

In the UK, when they say one piece of hand luggage... your purse or laptop counts!

Archived