Anyone try the Quarterdeck in Fort Lauderdale for dinner?

gvre

I think we've decided on Amerisuites for our overnight stay on Friday. Now we have to decide where to eat dinner!

Richard found a Seafood Bar that's a couple of blocks away from Amerisuites called The Quarterdeck. They have served south Florida since 1966 and they have 8 restaurants with 4 new ones on the way. Their motto is "come for the food...stay for the fun" and they have a full rack of ribs special for $10.99 with drink purchase which is right up my alley since I love baby back ribs! You can take a look at their menu at www.quarterdeckrestaurant.com we may have to try it!

Anyone ever tried it? If you have your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Debbie

We tried it last trip and will not go back. I had the rib special which was good but not to write home about. DW had the chicken which was cold inside (underdone?). The wait staff is not very good. When we told him about the chicken his only comment was "I'll make a note of that". No offer to replace the food with properly cooked food. He got no tip!

Ron

NO NO NO Debbie, you can eat at Outback at home.

Consider one of my favorite places in the neighborhood, ERNIE'S BBQ at 1843 S. Federal highway. You'll feel like you're in Key West already. It's a couple of blocks, but at least it's a unique place. The conch chowder and Bimini bread are the standouts. Truth is the bbq isn't that good, but burgers are, portions are large, drinks are big and cold, and the place is just plain comfortable.

Last inspection in November, no violations observed.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/inspectionDetail.asp?InspVisitID=2695054&id=2136745

Generally speaking, all restaurants will have violations during a routine inspection. Some are more serious then others. If a restaurant has the same violations on every inspection performed, that's the one I avoid. Tourist traps are a particular problem, they do not depend on repeat business.

Archived