Rainbow's End amusement park?

cowprintrabbit

Is Rainbow's End worth spending our only day in Auckland before the cruise on? Hubby want to do Kelly Tarleton's and Sky Tower; for 15 NZ $ more we can get a pass that lets us into all 3.

What is the best way to get there? We arestaying at the Hilton Auckland, near the ship; and are big public transportation fans, if available.

Is Rainbow's End worth spending our only day in Auckland before the cruise on? Hubby want to do Kelly Tarleton's and Sky Tower; for 15 NZ $ more we can get a pass that lets us into all 3.

What is the best way to get there? We arestaying at the Hilton Auckland, near the ship; and are big public transportation fans, if available.

Rainbow's End is an amusement park. If you have kids, they will love it (ours used to). It is in Manukau, South Auckland, and quite a way from the Hilton. I would say that you would spend a considerable time trying to find the right bus to get there, so a taxi would be faster, if you want to pay for that.

But, it is just an amusement park and I would not spend my only day in Auckland doing that - you can go to amusement parks in most places in the world.

On the other hand, Kelly Tarlton's is worth a visit (the people who designed it were the first to use the tunnel that you can walk through - or stand on the moving walkway - and be so close to the fish). You feel as though you could reach up and touch the sharks and stingrays. The drive around the bays to get there is pleasant too.

If it were me, I'd do Kelly Tarlton's and the Sky Tower and maybe stay near the water, perhaps take the ferry to Devonport. There are some nice eating places near the ferry terminal too, where you can sit and watch the action.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy your day.

Celle

Rainbow's End is an amusement park. If you have kids, they will love it (ours used to). It is in Manukau, South Auckland, and quite a way from the Hilton. I would say that you would spend a considerable time trying to find the right bus to get there, so a taxi would be faster, if you want to pay for that.

But, it is just an amusement park and I would not spend my only day in Auckland doing that - you can go to amusement parks in most places in the world.

On the other hand, Kelly Tarlton's is worth a visit (the people who designed it were the first to use the tunnel that you can walk through - or stand on the moving walkway - and be so close to the fish). You feel as though you could reach up and touch the sharks and stingrays. The drive around the bays to get there is pleasant too.

If it were me, I'd do Kelly Tarlton's and the Sky Tower and maybe stay near the water, perhaps take the ferry to Devonport. There are some nice eating places near the ferry terminal too, where you can sit and watch the action.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy your day.

Celle

No kids, just certifiable roller coaster addict :D and a hubby with ADHD ...

I take it you don't think we could cram all 3 into one day?

No kids, just certifiable roller coaster addict :D and a hubby with ADHD ...

I take it you don't think we could cram all 3 into one day?

You could easily do it one day, but it would not be my choice. If you love roller coasters, you will have a great day. If you do decide to do it, then I would advise against public transport, as it can be time-consuming.

It's your choice. Enjoy your day.

Celle

You could easily do it one day, but it would not be my choice. If you love roller coasters, you will have a great day. If you do decide to do it, then I would advise against public transport, as it can be time-consuming.

It's your choice. Enjoy your day.

Celle

Thanks - I will show your posts to hubby and let him make the choice :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Is Rainbow's End worth spending our only day in Auckland before the cruise on?

NO NO NO

Sky Tower and Kelly Tarltons are OK,but if you only have 1 day here I feel you will be very disappointed with Rainbows End.It has a few Go Carts and a tiny flume ride and is a very small amusement park compared to some overseas.

Archived