Anyone who cruised Century Norwegian Fjords??

Ine

Sounds like you have a plan. I haven't done much with our upcoming trip to Ireland/Scotland. Will be in your neck of the woods pre- and post-cruise. Will just catch up from jetlag on the previsit, but definitely want to go to Delft on Saturday when we get into port. Have a great trip.

Sounds like you have a plan. I haven't done much with our upcoming trip to Ireland/Scotland. Will be in your neck of the woods pre- and post-cruise. Will just catch up from jetlag on the previsit, but definitely want to go to Delft on Saturday when we get into port. Have a great trip.

If you have time for it, yes go to Delft. It is easy to reach by train and it is a nice small old town.

On the big marketsquare in that church the duch royals are buried. Around it you will see many nice old buildings along small canals.

The best Delft blue of Porcelyne Fles is for sale in their factory and you can make a guide tour there. Check their webiste foor all details:

http://www.royaldelft.com//index.cfm

If you have time for it, yes go to Delft. It is easy to reach by train and it is a nice small old town.

On the big marketsquare in that church the duch royals are buried. Around it you will see many nice old buildings along small canals.

The best Delft blue of Porcelyne Fles is for sale in their factory and you can make a guide tour there. Check their webiste foor all details:

http://www.royaldelft.com//index.cfm

Thanks, Ine. Already had it in my favorites. Glad to see that I was looking at the right factory.

Happy sailing!

Thanks, Ine. Already had it in my favorites. Glad to see that I was looking at the right factory.

Happy sailing!

One more secret... prices are high but worth it.

However if you donot mind this...in a small corner in their shop they usually have B-choice (seconds) which are beautiful too and a lot cheaper.

I am interested in the question asked on the first page......If you take the train on your own in Flam is it possible to hike back down on your own or would you need to purchase the ship's excursion so as to have the guide and not get lost? Has anyone done this?

I am interested in the question asked on the first page......If you take the train on your own in Flam is it possible to hike back down on your own or would you need to purchase the ship's excursion so as to have the guide and not get lost? Has anyone done this?

I sail May 09, so I am not sure about this. I have read (but donot remember where) that the first portion of the trail seems to be rough and steep. Apart from that the advice is good shoes and used to walk.

Also take the train first as you go up and then walk down.

Much will depend how the weather is too.

I guess in Flamm you will find more info, since it seems to be a small village.

On this website: http://www.visitflam.com/default.asp

you will find a contact link, so you can send them an e-mail.

Archived