Anyone else try reserving online tonight

E91

Tried for 4 hours to reserve and pay for shore excursions. No such luck - time out every time and it isn't on my end. There is really no excuse for this in my opinion. Sorry to vent but I'm very deep into the computer business and online payments. An hour - maybe - if there are huge issues. But 4+ hours for a company of this caliber - unacceptable. Just had to vent. Guess I'll try again in the morning.

Tried for 4 hours to reserve and pay for shore excursions. No such luck - time out every time and it isn't on my end. There is really no excuse for this in my opinion. Sorry to vent but I'm very deep into the computer business and online payments. An hour - maybe - if there are huge issues. But 4+ hours for a company of this caliber - unacceptable. Just had to vent. Guess I'll try again in the morning.

Theory A: HAL and these message boards are in a timeshare arrangement and they alternate time-outs. :)

Theory B: Given my background is financial services I too used to be amazed when confronted with excessive down time in business systems. And then I looked at the underlying business function and realized that often times, there was nothing critical about the function or significant about the dollar risk, which is why so many companies probably do not adequately invest in whatever it takes, to ensure 24/7 bullet-proof reliability.

Booking shore excursions online can be done today, tomorrow, next week or even onboard, the way most people still do. Who knows what kind of band-aide - shoestring- archaic systems support so many relatively non essential business functions?

Perhaps it is the weather? Most of the country is experiencing some fairly rough air...couldn't that wreak havoc with power lines?

It has been noticed that here, in the Southwestern Desert, a little bit of wind can make my efforts to get onto the computer a bit tricky. Can just imagine what it must be like for those who suffer through blizzards and other such wintery air:(

If you're talking Tuesday night, I think the problem might be on your end.

I booked a shore excursion for Rome ... from my computer at home (not the fancy T3 line I have at work) and had no problems at all.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. Maybe your online service provider can help?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived