HELP!!!!! No Cufflinks. LOL!!!

zdude

So, leaving tomorrow AM at 5:00. :eek:

No cufflinks, no idea where they are. Where the heck do I get some?

I have some time to kill in San Diego.

Can I rent?

Buy some on the ship? HAL cufflinks?

Recommendations near the pier in San Diego?

Yes, I *AM* an idiot.

Flame away! LOL. :D

:)

yeah no biggee, I just had to post since its really a chuckle.

Looks like there are some department stores near the pier.

But, if there are HAL cufflinks, I'd write them off as a valuable souvenier.

So many possibilities here ........

I am going to limit myself to just one, have you considered using shoe laces? :)

LOL.

Good idea, but nope, those are right out. I have some tie pins that are candidate though. :D

Any more ideas?

If you're in a suite, or have a friend in a suite, I'll bet the concierge could scare some up. :confused: How about paper clips, with one loop on each side? Been on enough HAL cruises to get 25 or 50 or 100 day pins?

Zdude:

Ask onboard. You can rent tuxes on board, so maybe you can rent "last minute cufflinks", too. I'm sure you're not the first pax who's had this situation. But like the other dude said, nobody may even notice.......Get a good night's sleep......and Bon Voyage.....

OMG, I am getting advice from a middle age mom (I resemble that remark), constructiondude and suite wannabe.

Keep the advice coming, no way I will sleep without a clear plan for how I solve the cufflink delima.

Its just so stressfull knowing that your cuffs are wondering all about and such. My god people might notice. ;)

On our last cruise (Princess) my husband packed his tux and his cuff links (we thought), but the first formal night he couldn't find the cuff links anywhere. We rushed up to the gift shop and they had them for sale. What a shock when they rang them up to the tune of $60!!!!!!:eek: My husband insisted he had to have them (next time we use paper clips ... LOL).

Well, he looked wonderful that night and on the 2nd formal night too with his new cuff links. When we got home from the cruise and unpacked guess what he found in the pocket area of the suitcase. You guessed it, his cuff links ... LOL

Have a wonderful cruise.

When you get to the Denver airport, check there. Ditto, San Diego (ask someone which terminal has the most likely shop--they are close together). If none there, check-in to ship and then ask whether anyone knows how much the ship's shops charge--if too much, call Macy's in Horton Plaza @ (619) 231-4747--it is a very short cab ride from the ship.

You can't miss!

Buying cufflinks as a souvenier would be like insurance that you would find the lost ones when you got home.

If I get a chance, will do the Horton deal. We'll see, I might just wish get on the ship and take it easy and do the paper clip route. :eek:

Hope you all had a laugh at my stupidity. LOL.

In about 12 hours, I could care less about cufflinks. ;)

Guest LoveMyBoxer

On our December cruise on Noordam DH bought some really cool propeller cufflinks for his tux. They went really well with the "knot" button covers he had bought before he sailed. I'm sure you can find some in the gift shop on the ship. Enjoy!

You married? Use a pair of your wife's button style earrings. If she wears clips, fine. You can run the clip through the 'button holes'. If she wears pierced earrings, pick a button or stud style with a long post.

Don't stress.

Do you or your wife sew? Take two buttons (that fit through the cuff slits). Thread the needle and use double thread. Thread through the whole on one button, leave about an inch of thread and sew through the other button. Keep coming back and forth, button to button, until you have a strong enough length of thread between the two that you can button one side of the cuff to the other.

SHOE LACES? I don't know how you could use a shoe lace to secure tuxedo cuffs? Tie a Huge Bow?

You married? Use a pair of your wife's button style earrings. If she wears clips, fine. You can run the clip through the 'button holes'. If she wears pierced earrings, pick a button or stud style with a long post.

Don't stress.

Do you or your wife sew? Take two buttons (that fit through the cuff slits). Thread the needle and use double thread. Thread through the whole on one button, leave about an inch of thread and sew through the other button. Keep coming back and forth, button to button, until you have a strong enough length of thread between the two that you can button one side of the cuff to the other.

SHOE LACES? I don't know how you could use a shoe lace to secure tuxedo cuffs? Tie a Huge Bow?

Sail, using two buttons, what a great idea! By the time I read ZDude's post this morning he was already gone, and I was also going to suggest Horton Plaza, but your idea is one I hope to remember if DH ever loses his.

Bev

Cufflinks left at home? Yep, been there, done that.:D I went to the shops on board, but didn't see any on display. I told the sales person that I needed cufflinks and studs and after a little digging in the drawers came up with just what I needed. No HAL logo or anything fancy, just black plastic (faux onyx) set in octagon shaped gold plated settings. $20 was the price for the cufflinks and 4 button studs.

Not to kill all the playful banter, but just go to the front desk when you board and a baggie with cuff links and studs will appear in your cabin for the staggering price of $5 for the entire cruise. They are pretty basic, but will work just as good as some of the other suggestions I've read on this thread.

Happy sailing.

Richard

Archived