Tracy Arm and NCL Sun

canadiangirl77

Sorry for the double post, I'm posting this both in the NCL forum and the Alaska one, as I'm not sure which one to pick!! Has anyone done this tour with the cruise ship? I am reading the shore excursions and it says that this tour departs Juneau at 1pm and is a 5 hr tour? Well this may sound silly but our cruise ship departs Juneau at 1:15pm? So how can one take this tour?? Is this for the ships that spend longer in port? It says that we will meet up with your ship? Where? 1/2 way to Skagway?? I've heard that in May the cruise ship cant get up to see Sawyer Glacier, if that's the case are they going to wait 5 hrs for me to take my $175 tour?? Please help!

Thanks again!

Last Year the one's that took this tour had rave reviews. So much so that I've already books it for us. Make sure you keep an eye on the NCL board and this one because someone will probaly post pictures. :)

ute_fan, thanks so much for posting your Tracy Arm photos!!! It's one of my favorite places/excursions in Alaska.:)

canadiangirl77, although my excursion there was not through a cruiseline, Tracy Arm is one of the most beautiful places in Alaska, my opinon. Definitely worth the cost and working into your schedule if possible! I don't believe a large ship can do it justice as well as a small boat excursion can...

im pretty prone to motion sickness .. i know and im going on a cruise!! duh! .. i got sick on 2 snorkeling trips in the caribbean so i know my tummy gets queasy .. but it's only when the boats are stopped and bobbing up and down ... this is a 4 hr tour ... how green am i going to be at the end of it? LOL

im pretty prone to motion sickness .. i know and im going on a cruise!! duh! .. i got sick on 2 snorkeling trips in the caribbean so i know my tummy gets queasy .. but it's only when the boats are stopped and bobbing up and down ... this is a 4 hr tour ... how green am i going to be at the end of it? LOL

Sorry you are asking a question that can not be answered. you are on water, if prone to motion sickness- take precautions- bottom line. Consult your health care professional fo r the best remedy for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Somebody tell me the name of this tour so I can book it. We're on the Sun in May. Thanks!!

We are on the NCL Sun in May as well and have booked the Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier Exploree. It is listed on the NCL shore excursion page. It is operated by Allan Marine.

Archived