Noordam 1/27/2007 cruise pics

powderhorn

Here is the pointer to our web album of our recent cruise vacation.

Enjoy....we certainly did!!

http://picasaweb.google.ca/crispycrunch007/FamilyCruiseVacationNoordamJanuary2007

I enjoyed looking at your photos, Paula! We just returned from the Noordam yesterday! All of the folks on our roll call were worried about all of you aboard the 1/27 cruise as we'd heard what a rough beginning you had!

Welcome back to Atlantic Canada. Your pictures are wonderful.We will be on the March 10th sailing.Did you take any of the ship's excursions or did you arrange your own?

Hi,

We did the Coral WOrld snorkling and beach outing in ST Thomas (Fair), The Rain Forest and Emerald Pool tour in Domenica (Fabulous), and THe Art Tour in St Maarten (Great way to tour the island with a theme). These were all purchased ahead of time through the HAL website. We made our own arrangements in Barbados. Got a great tour with our cabbie Tony Downs for $80. for 4 of us.

Hope this helps and have a great time in March!

Thanks for the great shots. We were on the cruise before you- we had bad weather, too. I was interested to see how the medevac went! Must have been quite a sight.

Seeing your pics I was reminded what an incredible surprise Old San Juan was. It was absolutely beautiful and we were able to see a lot in the 5 hours we were there.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the great shots. We were on the cruise before you- we had bad weather, too. I was interested to see how the medevac went! Must have been quite a sight.

Seeing your pics I was reminded what an incredible surprise Old San Juan was. It was absolutely beautiful and we were able to see a lot in the 5 hours we were there.

Thanks again!

Hi Carla,

I agree about old San Juan. We just walked around and it was so nice because it was Sunday morning and so peaceful. A nice surprise ending to our southern portion of the trip......:)

loved your pictures. My son and his fiance are booked on our Noordam cruise. tehy are in 4120 and it was nice to see that they will actually be able to see out of their window. it will be a nice surprise for them as they think the view is completely obstructed.

Thank you so much, Paula, for sharing your pictures and allowing us to sneak a "Noordam-fix" while sitting at home. It looks like you had a wonderful vacation and whetted our appetite for another one. Have to start planning!

Thank you so much for the pictures. I had the privilege of being on the Noordam for a day when it came to Boston soon after it's inaugaral. I'm still talking about it. I've been trying to go on it ever since. It was also nice to see some of the ports I haven't been to yet.

Thanks

Great pics, thanks !

I cant believe how small your cabins were.

I was noticing how small the cabin looked, too. Believe me, they are much bigger, and the layout is better than the pictures make it seem. It's impossible to get a good cabin shot while you are in it- especially when you've got "company."

We found the cabin to be quite adequate. On our previous cruise we had a verandah cabin and thought we would try a less expensive cabin to see if we could tolerate it.

What we found that we prefered the sofa near the entrance (it is past the bed in the verandah cabins. The other thing we really liked was the floor to ceiling window in these cabins compared to a more conventional window over the bed in the outside cabins that aren't on the upper promenade deck.

If we could get this cabin again we would take it and save the few dollars extra a verandah cabin costs. we were comfortable enough in this cabin. Don't get me wrong....it's great having your own verandah to sit out on, specially for that early morning coffee..... but we adapted and didn't miss it enough to be a problem....

Thanks for the great pics. We don't know much about the Noordam but we booked a cruise on her for next December. It looks great!

Just wondering if you know - we booked a cabin VD - verandah - is there a bathtub or stall shower? Also - NCL has a very limited room service menu lately - how is the one on this ship?

Thanks!

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them. We'll be visting most of the ports you were at on the Carnival Destiny this summer. Seeing your pics makes me look forward to it that much more!

If we could get this cabin again we would take it and save the few dollars extra a verandah cabin costs. we were comfortable enough in this cabin. Don't get me wrong....it's great having your own verandah to sit out on, specially for that early morning coffee..... but we adapted and didn't miss it enough to be a problem....

Ahhh....someday I'd like to convice the wife that we don't have to have a verandah every time. I'm glad you found the cabin adequate. That gives me hope. :)

Thanks for the great pics. We don't know much about the Noordam but we booked a cruise on her for next December. It looks great!

Just wondering if you know - we booked a cabin VD - verandah - is there a bathtub or stall shower? Also - NCL has a very limited room service menu lately - how is the one on this ship?

Thanks!

The verandah cabin our travel mates had (5171) only had a shower. most if not all verandah cabins in the mid-section of the ship have a tub/shower configuration.

I thought the room service menu was fine. we used it for cheese and crackers and shrimp cocktail for pre-dinner snacks. They have full breakfast options and we always ordered our coffee and juice with a few pastries to get us started in the morning...:)

hope this helps and sorry for the delay getting back to you..... enjoy your cruise!!

Archived