New liquor rules

SusieM

MammaCass - Welcome to the boards!
There is a section for RCL where your RCL questions will get more attention. There is also a search feature which is not working very well lately, but can be of help.
Here is a link to the latest thread on the RCL boards - [url=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=496776]Link[/url]
This is an exception to standard procedure, but it can happen.

We emptied out the entire contents of the mini bar into a X bag and told the steward to remove it. He just stuffed it under the bed. The bar did not get cool enough to chill anything and we had then check it several times. They said it was only for storage but who wants warm sodas and beer? In the past we really had a fridge we could use. As far as anyone going into closets, drawers etc to look for liquor I would complain at once to the concierge in quite a loud voice when the lobby was filled. That should stop this terrible behavior. I guess that they were looking for valuables to steal and finding nothing decided to penalize the passengers by taking liquor, beer or sodas from the cabin. Bye, bye X!

We are just back from Feb 12 on Galaxy and we brought aboard two 750mL bottles of liquor. Both arrived safely in our cabin and were left right out on the counter. Our steward kept us well stocked with ice, maraschino cherries, and highball glasses.

So no problems for us recently!

[quote name='CruznTom']MammaCass - Welcome to the boards!
There is a section for RCL where your RCL questions will get more attention. There is also a search feature which is not working very well lately, but can be of help.
Here is a link to the latest thread on the RCL boards - [url=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=496776]Link[/url]
This is an exception to standard procedure, but it can happen.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your reply. I realized after I had posted the message that it was a Celebrity Board. I have looked at the RCCL board and it appears to be the same...no consensus...if you want to take the risk, take it.
Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Since I started this thread, I only thought it was my duty to report that my friends and I had NO trouble with our liquor arriving in our checked baggage. We each took 2 bottles of wine and 1 of the hard stuff so that if anyone of us had his/hers taken, maybe the others wouldn't.

Most of my Seapass bill ended up being drinks anyway, and we had wine and spirits that we left for our room steward.

Our cruise on the Century was absolutely wonderful, the only problem was it being to short. :(

Archived