Hi!!!!!!!!! 2-17 Noordam!!!!!

SusieCruisie

Hi all! This is going to be quick! The ship is gorgeous, the weather is real rocky at this time, was better till now, it is 12 am on Mon, my screen is shaking as I write, still, worth the jiggles to be on this amazing vessel, the prettiest I've been on yet! More to come when I get home, I miss the Boards!!

:)Susie

PS Please no WSOD today!

Susie, Glad you think the Noordam is beautiful. We left her that way for you. Once you get to the Islands, you'll love every minute of the cruise. If not feeling well, try some of the meds you can ask for at the front desk. They work like a charm.

We heard Captain Scott was leaving the ship. is that true?

have a great time on the Noordam!:)

Yes, Suzie, the Noordam surely is a beautiful ship...and the crew just as beautiful, inside and out. If you didn't bring motion sickness meds with you, do as Carol suggests and go to the Front Desk. I had enough with me to sink a ship (no pun intended) but Carol had mentioned to me on board about the packets at the Front Office.

For us, it was a little bumpy (12 to 15 foot waves, I believe) the first and last day. Things should be smoothing out for you today. I'm thinking you're off Florida now.

Susie, Glad you think the Noordam is beautiful. We left her that way for you. Once you get to the Islands, you'll love every minute of the cruise. If not feeling well, try some of the meds you can ask for at the front desk. They work like a charm.

We heard Captain Scott was leaving the ship. is that true?

have a great time on the Noordam!:)

Carol,

When we spoke with him at the Captain's talk, he mentioned that his wife had left the ship in San Juan to fly to their home in Ft. Lauderdale, and that he would join her there after our cruise for two months. DH told me that he had to fly into Canada 1st, then back into the USA (Homeland Security rules because he's from New Zealand). Silly, it seems.

Sheila

If not feeling well, try some of the meds you can ask for at the front desk.

If you didn't bring motion sickness meds with you, do as Carol suggests and go to the Front Desk.

If there's a long line at the Front Desk (as there often is) you can usually walk right into the infirmary and get several packets.

formal night, fire on ship in penthouse suite, not due to smoking

Tortola All water excursions cancelled due to 18 ft waves

St thomas & St John, water unswimmable to to heavy shore break

Today, Dominica, Reyno Tour the best thing that has happened, more to come!

Good to hear from you . Sorry to hear the waters are on the rough side. Hopefully they will soon calm down for you. Enjoy the beautiful islands and keep the "Noordam" in good shape for us. We will be getting on as you get off. Have a great cruise! IKE

Sorry to hear about the rough seas, Susie. We were on the Noordam, cruise before you. We had "calm seas, blue skies" the entire cruise.

What's a "heavy shore break?"

Guess we were the oddity with this winter's cruises on the Noordam. The weather is so unpredictable.

Archived