Pre Cruise Hotel Ft Lauderdale

jlp20

We are booked on the 6/3 sailing on the Caribbean and had been waiting for Southwest Airlines to open reservations for that time period. In short SWA released a whole month of flights and the first flights out (and cheaper) have been booked. I was able to get what I could. We will leave Los Angeles late morning and after a connecting flight, should get into Ft. Lauderdale just before 10 PM. After getting bags and a cab, that means getting to a hotel will be well after 11PM.

I can’t see spending $200 a night for a 3-4 star hotel when all we need is a shower and bed. I may look at the Hilton for the post cruise stay, but pre cruise is there a Motel 6 type place near the airport? Any help would be appreciated, can’t trust going by online ads.

We are staying in the Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Intl Arpt. and they have a shuttle from the airport. Just over $100 a night.

From what I have read on these boards, some of the areas are left to be desired. So you might want to research where that Motel 6 is located.

LaQuinta Inn. They have airport pickup and pier dropoff, and we booked a room for $89. I don't recall how we booked it -- some internet booking agency -- but I know it was a special deal, so you might have to do some internet research to find this rate.

Bill

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Try the Eastcoast departures forum where they talk about hotels

that people won on Priceline or Hotwire.

We got a 4* hotel that would have been $220 a night for $115 plus taxes

for our Sept trip; just bid it on Hotwire the other day. Got the Renaissance

on 17th st.

Also, if you bid for a 3* on Priceline, people were getting GREAT deals

too!

For a quick nites stay and getting in that late, I would also suggest Amerisuites through http://www.valuetrips.com

You will not only save money on the hotel at 79$ per night but there is a shuttle to/from the airport and the pier the next morning. Definitely a great time of year to try for this reservation. We stay there when ever we are sailing out of FLL. Shopping is also very close for those last minute items.

Holiday Inn express air and sea port...free airport pickup and cruise port drop off the next morning. Little shopping center/liquor store across the street for last minute purchases, and very reasonable rates. This is a new and very clean property that also has a high rating on tripadvisor.

Just stayed at Hampton Inn North. Very clean, very helpful. Free shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the pier. Shuttle will also take you anywhere you need to go within 3 miles. There is a grocery store and liquor store next door. Also a McDonalds and Wendys a quick walk away. Free hot breakfast in the morning.

We are on your same cruise. We booked the Renassiance on 17th st on priceline. I put in a price for $95 and it was accepted. From what I here it is pretty close to the port. I was waiting for Southwest to open up flights and I wound up booking with Airtran. I wanted to get a decent fare with decent times before they were gone. Good Luck :) hope to see ya on the cruise.

Jeanne

I agree the Holiday Inn Express would be great. We have stayed there several times and the staff is excellant. The location is very close to several stores for last minute items. We paid less than $100 for our stay there.

We're staying at the Days Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport South. They have a free shuttle from the airport to hotel and to the port, plus free breakfast. They've gotten rave reviews on Trip-Advisor and other cruisers on this board. I just checked they're website and it's the same rate of $92.65 advance payment discount (you have to pay when you book, no refunds). Good luck, have a great time!

Tammy

We are booked on the 6/3 sailing on the Caribbean and had been waiting for Southwest Airlines to open reservations for that time period. In short SWA released a whole month of flights and the first flights out (and cheaper) have been booked. I was able to get what I could. We will leave Los Angeles late morning and after a connecting flight, should get into Ft. Lauderdale just before 10 PM. After getting bags and a cab, that means getting to a hotel will be well after 11PM.

I can’t see spending $200 a night for a 3-4 star hotel when all we need is a shower and bed. I may look at the Hilton for the post cruise stay, but pre cruise is there a Motel 6 type place near the airport? Any help would be appreciated, can’t trust going by online ads.

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Air/Seaport on 84 - it was clean, quiet and affordable (I think we paid about $125 all in). The staff were great, the shuttle picked us up at the airport literally 3 minutes after we called. We walked across the street to buy some liquor, Big Daddy's Liquors (really!) - and picked up some sandwiches for dinner. There's a Subway, McDonald's and Wendy's in the plaza, as well as a Winn Dixie. We had no problem crossing the street - it's a little busy, but not bad.

The hotel was great, there's a nice pool in an enclosed area in the back. We had our free breakfast, read the paper by the pool then took the free shuttle to the port. Even with a stop at the airport first, the trip was no more than 15 minutes.

We stayed at the HIEX Convention Center on 17th 12/26/05 and found it very nice. Next morning there were two semi trucks unloading new beds! Sure did not thnk they needed it. Plenty of places close to eat.

Best part is free shuttle to and from airport.

Stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th 01/08/07. Great lobby, but the HIEX would have been just fine.

We stayed at the HI Express on 17th St before our January 29th cruise. Please be advised that that facility no longer offers a free shuttle to the pier. They use a contracted service that you need to sign up for the night before. The charge is $6 per person. (For $200+ a night, this struck me as VERY chintzy!)

Archived