May 13th- Will there be a ton of kids?

trevette1981

I ask because i would prefer that the kids are at home when I cruise.:D (Can you tell I have no kids?LOL)

I think they should all be in school b/c down here in Georgia they get out in late May. I don't know about the rest of the country.

Someone help me out!LOL!

I think some kids get out of school in May, not sure. Mine get out in June. I'm sure there will be some of those evil little rugrats around no matter what time you cruise. Just can't get away from them. :eek:

Most kids don't get out of school until May 20th or later... so you should be good to go.

The way I figure it, parents are not likely to take their kids out of school with only a month or less left of school.

My cruise last mid-May had barely a child on it. So I booked again for mid-May this year. I prefer to sail without kids too.

I ask because i would prefer that the kids are at home when I cruise.:D (Can you tell I have no kids?LOL)

I think they should all be in school b/c down here in Georgia they get out in late May. I don't know about the rest of the country.

Someone help me out!LOL!

Last year our cruise began on May 13th, and there were very few children on the ship. This year were going on May 5th. We expect the same to be true.

By the way... I'm 99.2% sure Fred is pulling your leg. :p

Someone help me out!LOL!

Don't blame you a bit for asking this question. I agree with the others May is probably a great time to cruise.

I love kids but don't want a bazzilion of them on my vaction - if I did I would vacation at Disney. :p

Diane

This is a Joke right?????? I hope so. Because if you are worried about kids then I can only wonder what else you are going to be worried about!!!

I have kids and I can careless if kids are on the same ship. THEY ARE OUR FUTURE!

Good grief, there is a REASON the OP asked the question. Some people want to cruise when there are lots of kids on board, some DON'T. This board is here for questions like this!!

My high school son doesn't get out of school until late May, but the local colleges are out the first week of May. You may not have a lot of "children" on your cruise, but there very well could be a high number of college "kids".

This is a Joke right?????? I hope so. Because if you are worried about kids then I can only wonder what else you are going to be worried about!!!

I have kids and I can careless if kids are on the same ship. THEY ARE OUR FUTURE!

I have 2 kids, whom I have devoted almost my entire life at this point to, (quite literally), doing in home daycare 55 hours a week for an additional 5 kids so that I can be home with them. I leave them at home for a reason when we cruise (at this point, anyway) because I deserve a break every few years from kiddos.

As much as I dearly love my kids, if I'm on one of the few trips we do choose to leave them at home, I prefer not to deal with other peoples' kids. I also try to schedule a cruise for when the ship won't be mobbed with the little darlings.:)

Oh, THANK Y'ALL! I can rest easy now. I swear, I googled the cruise after I saw the band camp thing. I was planning to change it!LOL!

As for my not wanting tons of kids on my cruise, I don't have kids, so I prefer not to be around them. I used to teach, do I did my dues with kids, now it's adult time.

We cruised in the middle of May in 2005.

We brought our daughter who was 15, and she brought a friend.

They were quite bummed that there weren't very many teens on the ship.:confused:

There were some kids, but not as many as going in mid June, when all the kids are out of school, and everybody goes on vacation!!!:eek:

We went in June on our first cruise in 2002, and are going in June again this year.

I think you'll be just fine if you go in May!!;)

Has anybody cruised the last week of May (May 27) and can comment on the kid situation then? All schools (below university) in Canada, as far as I know, get out at the end of June, so I didn't think any classes would be out. Apparently that's not true.

And same with me, I coach gymnastics, so I work with kids most of the year, but this is my honeymoon.

There are many schools that are on year round schedules and get breaks at different times than other. My kids get a 2 week break in Oct, so we typically plan our trips then. Like I said before I don't thing there will ever be a time that kids aren't around, because many people pull their kids out of school to cruise. Sometimes there are more than others.

I don't have kids, and I DO care if there are kids on the cruise.

What does any of what you said have to do with the OP's question? She didn't say she wished there were no children in the world, she asked if there were a lot during the time frame she was going on her cruise. I do the same thing. I plan my cruise around spring break. You chose to have children. I respect you for that. I couldn't do it. I chose NOT to have children. I prefer to lesson my chances of being around them while I am on vacation. Please don't make this into an issue about whether or not children are important to the world, because that is not what the question was about.

Different people have different preferences.

I would try a different cruise line. There will always be kids on carnival ships. The price for a family is to good to pass up. If I diden't want to go on a cruise with kids, I would try Holland Americia. Just a lot of old people with electric scooters.

Ok the popcorn is popped and I have a drink, now I can sit back and watch the events of this thread. It may prove to be entertaining.

I'm not sure what is more hotly debated. No kids or no smoking. Maybe we could do a poll on what people like or hate more kids or cigerettes. :D

yeah kids suck I would rather people that have them, see them, not me. To few people actually "Teach them well" more of them "let them lead the way" I dont like to deal with it myself. As far as a cigs what can I say we all have our vices, I damn sure have my own; if i knew how to put up a poll i would.

May is a great time to cruise....LESS kids, and great weather, it is before hurricaine season, and really just a great time to cruise. I cruised May 8 last year and going May 5 this year

I think most of us realize that Carnival, like most cruiselines, is kid friendly and kids will be aboard...NO problem. I would NOT want a spring break type cruise...with tons of kids....nor would I want to be on one of those cruises filled with girls celebrating their 15th quincerna or whatever birthday...I hear those are really bad....I would not particularly enjoy being around like a "girl scout cruise" where there are a like 3 or 4 kids per adult, etc

Camp Carnival does a great job with kids and I had NO problem with kids on my cruise. The first day the staff did make an obnoxious foolish dad take his tiny diapered infant out of the hot tub...what an idiot ! I also like to remind the "its our babies cruise too" parents that pools are not chlorinated, they are salt water and the ship does NOT allow swim diapers or un potty trained infants

I personally wish Carnival would be a bit stricter about the rules, have more enforcement like Princess tries to do. Well behaved kids are fine.

Just a thought : pick more "adult" oriented shore excursions....I personally think that a shore excursion with a bunch of kids could be more annoying than kids on the ship. My reasoning...the kids sort of take over the trip??

Examples : a "booze cruise" catamaran vs a "pirate ship" tour...where the kids will be running wild and swinging on the ropes etc...LOL

in Cozumel I am choosing Playa Uvas which is more adult oriented, no "water toys" for kids, no babies allowed in the pool.

Check out the port of call boards....whatever excursions parents rave about, ie, "they gave extra attention to my kids"...."there were lots of kids there and they had a ball running around">>> check em out and avoid them <grin> Enjoy....different strokes for different folks

Oh...an example of "too many kids"...when we were on a getaway at St Augustine Florida, really nice historic old town, lots to see...but there were tour groups of school kids on field trips...and they were pretty annoying, taking over various places...one place was especially annoying, a sort of open air museum where the staff catered to the school groups. Thank heavens they don't do field trips on cruise ships LOL

Archived