Do you realy have to book in advance?

olechka

We got our cruise documents yesterday and MIL is freaking out that spa packages, excursions, etc, have to be booked right now.

We've been on 3 cruises before (not HAL) and never booked anything in advance, but as this is spring break (3/24) cruise, now I'm questioning that we may be missing out if we don't book now.

Can anyone advise?

We've been on 3 cruises before (not HAL) and never booked anything in advance, but as this is spring break (3/24) cruise, now I'm questioning that we may be missing out if we don't book now. Can anyone advise?

I don't know nuthin' about the spa, but for excursions I would say that if any that really interest you are marked "limited capacity", I would book as soon as you can. The rest can wait until you're on board.

As for the Spa, I am not sure you can book in advance. Maybe thru Ship Services:confused: I have always waited till I got on board the ship.

Now as far as Excursions I have always booked in advance. 1. it is just one less thing I have to think about once I have boarded. My excursion tickets are waiting for me in my cabin in their bright pink envelope.

2. It helps to have the cruise already planned out

3. I have already paid for it

4. I am booked and not dissappointed if I were to wait and find the excursion was sold out.

You can pre-purchase credits for the spa but you must make appointments once you are onboard. HAL have a very limited selection of spa treatments available for sale before the trip, so it might be for the best to just book when you get on the ship. Don't wait too long as the prime slots tend to fill up fast.

I wouldn't freak out about it, but I would calmly sit down and review the available the excursions and choose the ones I wanted, reserve them, and pay for them. I agree with everything LAFFNVEGAS said. Those are same reasons I book ahead.

Roz

You can also "unbook" an excursion online without penalty until online booking closes (I think 10 days out). I booked one in St. Thomas then read some very negative comments about it. I went online and unbooked it. It was right at the deadline and I never got a confirming e-mail, so I just called HAL, explained the problem and they cancelled it for me. A credit appeared on my AMEX statement.

- Steve

Archived