Help with Military Rate

gvg01

Can anyone tell me if there is a time limit for checking better rates? We are cruising 4/1/07 and finished paying for our cruise in Jan.

Should I still be trying to find a better rate and seeing if my PVP will give an upgrade or OBC. She was checking for us but only mentioned it before we finished paying the total amount due.

Thanks in advance for your help!:)

My parents were booked using the military rate. When the price dropped after they had made final payment they were offered the choice of OBC or an upgrade.

When we booked we were able to book our cabin under the military rate also using the friends and family special. Worth checking into if you are traveling with someone else.

We are in the process of booking a cruise for the summer of 2008. My PVP told me that the military discount is usually offered 6 months prior to the sail date. Is this true?

Military rates are offered on most sailings no matter when you book or how far out your cruise date is.

We are in the process of booking a cruise for the summer of 2008. My PVP told me that the military discount is usually offered 6 months prior to the sail date. Is this true?

I was able to get military rates for a late December 2007 cruise in early January... you may want to call customer service and ask someone new... sometimes you get multiple answers.

Reserves and National Guard are included on Carnival. Some cruiselines include them and some don't. Look on *****.com, click on Military on the left hand side, the page that loads will tell you what the qualifications are for each of the cruise lines.

Once they have your dd214 on file do you have to send it for each cruise you book or do they keep it in their system and just check that you have used it before?

My DH sent a copy of his DD214 to Carnival and has never been asked for it again so i am assuming it is kept with the past guest info.

My DH sent a copy of his DD214 to Carnival and has never been asked for it again so i am assuming it is kept with the past guest info.

I have had to submit mine each time...that makes ten cruises.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Military rates are offered on most sailings no matter when you book or how far out your cruise date is.

I was going to start a new thread on this but did a search of the board instead - glad I did. Here's my situation:

We've used military discount in the past so I know the drill. We recently booked the Legend for May '08 (yeah, we like to plan ahead :o ) and CCL told our TA that the military discounts "... had not yet been loaded into the system." The explanation the TA got was that the cruise date was too far out and military discounts had not yet been determined. Based on the quote above, has anyone else encountered this (being told it's "too early" for military discount)? What is the furthest out that you've booked and received the military discount?

Thanks in advance!

I was going to start a new thread on this but did a search of the board instead - glad I did. Here's my situation:

We've used military discount in the past so I know the drill. We recently booked the Legend for May '08 (yeah, we like to plan ahead :o ) and CCL told our TA that the military discounts "... had not yet been loaded into the system." The explanation the TA got was that the cruise date was too far out and military discounts had not yet been determined. Based on the quote above, has anyone else encountered this (being told it's "too early" for military discount)? What is the furthest out that you've booked and received the military discount?

Thanks in advance!

I was just checking April 08 dates on the Freedom with my PVP and she said "I don't know if the military rates are out yet" (1yr in advance) but they were. So yes I do think there is a limit to how far ahead the rates are posted and if April 08 is out already then May 08 may be out shortly. Have you ever thought of booking with a Carnival PVP instead of a TA?

Mine is great if you want her number just let me know. She's been so helpful with her personal knowledge of all Carnival ships and getting us the lowest rate possible. (she's a cruise-a-holic)

My email is Fosterk1 at comcast dot net if you want her info.

Good luck.

I was just checking April 08 dates on the Freedom with my PVP and she said "I don't know if the military rates are out yet" (1yr in advance) but they were. So yes I do think there is a limit to how far ahead the rates are posted and if April 08 is out already then May 08 may be out shortly. Have you ever thought of booking with a Carnival PVP instead of a TA?

Mine is great if you want her number just let me know. She's been so helpful with her personal knowledge of all Carnival ships and getting us the lowest rate possible. (she's a cruise-a-holic)

My email is Fosterk1 at comcast dot net if you want her info.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info and the PVP contact offer. I'm fine with our TA (she's always done well for us) and she even said she wasn't surprised that the discount wasn't yet available. But based on a few posts here (particularly the one I quoted above), it got me wondering.

When we booked we were able to book our cabin under the military rate also using the friends and family special. Worth checking into if you are traveling with someone else.

When did you catch the "friends and family" deal?......I keep checking but nothing has come out yet this year (that I know of)

Thanks in advance!

For early Dec 07 cruise; we were able to book Oct 06. At the time we were offered the friends & family (2 cabins @ same rate); booked directly thru Carn.

It was stated that they offer the rate on all the cruises; but in limited #; once they're gone; they're gone.

I call once a month or so to see if any additional rates/upgrades apply. Have had 2 diff Carn. reps tell me the military rate is the "best rate"; even better than inter-line rates.

Hope they keep the program in the future.

Archived