flight going home question

tarababy18

hi all!

i don't normally go through a travel agent but this time we did bc our friends wanted us to all be together.

anyway, the ta booked the flight home for 12:05 on AA and the Majesty says it docks in Miami at 9:00am. Is this enough time to get from the pier to the airport? i know the ta usually knows what he's doing, but it still makes me nervous. am i worrying for no reason?

thanks everyone

-Tara

hi all!

i don't normally go through a travel agent but this time we did bc our friends wanted us to all be together.

anyway, the ta booked the flight home for 12:05 on AA and the Majesty says it docks in Miami at 9:00am. Is this enough time to get from the pier to the airport? i know the ta usually knows what he's doing, but it still makes me nervous. am i worrying for no reason?

thanks everyone

-Tara

.... I would ask guest services or your stateroom attendant for early departure tags or if the Majesty has it, do the self disembarkation. I think yuo should be ok, as long as everyone pays their bills and customs clears you fast.

Have fun and good luck....

If you are on time, and if customs and immigration arrives on time and there are no hold ups it will be close but it should be OK. The Miami airport is crazy busy on Sunday mornings because of all the cruisers coming and going. That is one place where being there two hours early might not be early enough to clear security and make your flight, especially on AA since it is an international hub for AA.

thanks to all who helped me feel at ease... i'll just make sure i inform my room steward and get the appropriate tags. i'm also going to ask guest relations if i can take my bags myself.. it's just going ot be a wheeling suitcase, probably a little larger than the one you can carry on considering it's only a 4 nite cruise...

thanks again :)

If you are on time, and if customs and immigration arrives on time and there are no hold ups it will be close but it should be OK. The Miami airport is crazy busy on Sunday mornings because of all the cruisers coming and going. That is one place where being there two hours early might not be early enough to clear security and make your flight, especially on AA since it is an international hub for AA.

Thanks for that tidbit! We're cruising out of Miami next year with a family of 6 and would fly either American or United Airlines. Based off your information, I think we'll fly into/from Fort Lauderdale instead and have a car transport us.

Here's a comparison. We always fly into Ft Lauderdale for our Explorer cruise out of Miami. When we cruise home on Sunday, we book the Jet Blue flight out of FLL for 11:00 a.m. The ship docks at around 6:30a, we are off the ship by 8:00a. Just make sure you fill in your flight information the second night to last when you are asked to via t.v. remote. You'll actually be waiting at the gate in Miami International for at least 2 hours!!

Archived