Bon Voyage Blackbird !!

Archipelago

Blackbird ,

Glad you made it to St Thomas and the Holiday Inn !!! It's 7:11 am here so it won't be too much longer until you board the Legend for another Seabourn voyage !! Keep the ship nice for those of us coming down next weekend !!;) Am packing and re-packing and getting ready to go to the club house to the treadmill. My parents are coming down at 11:30 for lunch there and then taking my mom to Durham for a doctors appt. at Duke tomorrow !! Bon Voyage !!:)

Well we have left St. Thomas and I will bring you'll up with my day. I did not find out until it was too late but across the street from the Holiday Inn is a seaplane base. Had I know a little earlier I may have done a round trip to St. Crois. :) Looks like fun.

The Legend was at the West Indian port with the large Haver(whatever) mall behind it. You can drop your luggage off at 12:00. They allow us to start boarding at 1:30. I came over in a Taxi with 6 other guests at 1:00. Went over to a bar and had a diet coke and watched all the Royal Caribbean crew carrying bags of food to their ship.

Saw the CD Eric and said hi from a West Texas Cowgirl,,,, and he said oh your Bill she email me :D

This time I had to do the lifeboat drill. It was no fun with the peanut gallery looking down from the Sky Bar.

Life is Good...

Sad to say the picture of the Legend was not too good because of the sun but I will have other pictures during the trip...

Sounds like you are off to a great start BB.

I think you'll be returning to the other pier as our documents say we leave from Crown Bay not Havensight. Hopefully we'll be able to tell next Sunday morning as we look out from our hill-top hotel.

Jackie

Thanks for the update Blackbird! Did you have a view of the seaplane base from the Holiday Inn? Last time I stayed there we did.

Looking forward to more reports - have you been on the lookout for the CC editor??

Matt

hopes to be a member of the peanut gallery one day...

Morning all... a nice sea day is ahead of me today.

Had an interesting hosted dinner last night with Preston Coe. He is new with Seabourn and had worked with the dance company that does RSSC so we had some things to talk about. It turned out to be a strange table. One lady from Canada, a couple from Orlando and me. The gentleman from Orlando retired from one of the big ten accounting firms and his last major client was some cruise line called Carnival. :)

OK this is just my opinion, but just because you have a couple billion dollars does not mean you have any taste. This is the private craft of the head of Oracle. IMHO it is uglllly and it was parked beside the Legend in St. Thomas.

DSC_0485.jpg

Yes Matt I will post a picture of one landing from the Holiday Inn. :)

Nice picture!

Can you tell me how I can post that size of pictures? Mine turn out to be very small. I resize them through "Resize Images online". But then they are only 7kb, or they are too high.

Maybe somebody else can advise me, because you are on your cruise!

Say hello to Preston from Marja from Holland!

Blackie,

Thanks for your review. Have a great time tonight at the Captain's Welcome reception ~~~I hope Chef Ioan includes the "twice baked cheese souffle" on tonight's menu~and the Creme brulee' parade!:p

Always so delicious~~~

Have fun!

Martita B.

Blackie,

Thanks for your review. Have a great time tonight at the Captain's Welcome reception ~~~I hope Chef Ioan includes the "twice baked cheese souffle" on tonight's menu~and the Creme brulee' parade!:p

Always so delicious~~~

What Blackbird really wants is the Lobster, Lobster, Lobster main course! :D

>"What Blackbird really wants is the Lobster, Lobster, Lobster main course!"

I figured how to get more lobster when that's offered. I ask for the lobster roll as an appetizer, the salad course is the lobster salad and then, either I get the lobster main course or have the fillet. Tough choices, eh?

Speaking of the Sky Bar Grill, I found it delightful, despite the smokers, but the buffet was the same every night; with lobster and fillet. Now, that's nothing to sneeze at, but it got very repetitious, no matter how delightful the evening outside and Andreas' gracoiusness. Another thing, on the Pride, it was open every night during my two weeks in the Carribean.However, despite lovely weather, it was only offered a few times on the Legend.

Matt,

The salad bar is buffet, then the waiter brings your entree order to your table. Dessert is again, buffet.

We throughly enjoyed the open-air dining. I don't care for restaurant "2", so this is an alternative.

MB

Glad you got here! And funny thing, I had dinner with those "gals" last night, they were a hoot, very cool....

Hope to make it to tea today to meet you.

Carolyn

Two Words "Spring Break" :eek:

And do not do what BB did, do not wear a flannel shirt into the none AC baggage claim.

On the group taxi to the Holiday Inn and other places. There were 4 30s something and grandmother. One of the said Seabourn and I asked them if they were going on the cruise and they said yes. Not only was it their first Seabourn cruise but their First cruise periods.....

BB is room servicing it and then early to bed....

Later

DSC_0483.jpg

A seaplane landing from my view at the Holiday Inn. If the owner of the flight school didn't take the money and run, I would have gotten my water wings after my multi-engine rating... But he did.

Pinkie, just sat with Miss A for 10 minutes. She says hi and is resting up, because she knows you are coming and will work her :D hard...

Listening to an audiobook and watching the ocean,,,Life is Good.... Then there is tea time.....

Jane, so the Sky Grill dinners are buffet-style, not "served"? Martha was not 100% clear on her post in the other thread.

Martha is right; and because I use a cane and even smooth seas can 'bump' every so often, Andreas and his staff would serve me from the buffet. It is essentially the same as the daytiime lunch set-up at the Grill. I want to be sure to make this known in case there are others who might be discouraged from enjoying the Grill because of the buffet set-up. In addition, dessert (ice cream) could be obtained from the restaurant if one was not interested in the other delicious options. (And,of course, this help is always available in all the dining options.)

>>>>I quoted you, Matt, did you see??? <G>

hi Blackbird...glad you are having a good time....can you please say hello to Preston from Lorraine and John......we got to know him quite well last year, think he owes me an email! He also taught us how to talk that Texas talk like "hi all y'all".......

What a beautiful seaplane! How fun would that be to do a short tour :D. The sight of the Legend must be incredible from the cockpit of a seaplane :rolleyes:. Ummmmm....I wonder if we can arrange that before we board the Pride in December?

Looks like you're off to a grand start. Looking forward to the continued posts throughout your trip if you've got time :rolleyes:.

BB....glad to hear your reports from the Legend! Makes me want to be there too! Are you letting the stewardess in your suite this trip?

LOL yes and her name is Venus and she left me a rose tonight...

Long STRANGE dinner with the Hotel Manager Joerg Grossmann... The lady between me and the hotel manager was asking questions like what is wrong with one night stands with the crew..... She is somewhat dating the ex-piano player from the Pride... She is a horse rancher from Colorado.

After a 2 1/2 hour dinner I have given up the any plans for seeing the show and it off to bed..

BB....glad to hear your reports from the Legend! Are you letting the stewardess in your suite this trip?

LOL yes and her name is Venus and she left me a rose tonight...

Bbird,

Glad you are relaxed and this trip is going better than last. The hosted tables are always interesting!

johnny

Thank you Blackbird!

Yes, my hair is rather unusual to say the least. But I do hope people don´t remember me by my hair only.

I hope you will enjoy the rest of your cruise and say hello to Eric as well.

Marja

LOL no his first thought was you may have been crew. Because I said Marja from Holland, he started thinking crew. That when Eric described you.

I use Photoshop Elements and resize all my pictures offline before up loading to the photo hosting site I use. If you need more info on Elements I will post more when I get back..

Probably it is because of where the Legend is cruising but the Internet is fast and good.... :)

I hear breakfast calling my name. :)

Archived