Bon Voyage Blackbird !!

Archipelago

...Oh, yeah...leave a few breadsticks, too, while you're at it! :D

Safe travels, and have a wonderful time (a Legendary time, if you will!) ;)

Hope for reports and photos along the way!

Paul

who's looking forward to reclaiming his favorite spot at the Sky Bar the following week :eek:

Mr. Blackbird,

Have a wonderful time! Especially enjoy the Prickly Pear Island picnic~~~loads of fun! Awww yes, champagne and caviar in the surf~~~served no less, by the Legend's Maitre'D!

Say "howdy" to Cheffy Ioan for me~~~also Ross in the dining room!

And Miss Barbara, too~~

"Bye Bye Blackbird" dee dum dee dum~~~;)

Hugggzzz's sent~~safe flight!

Pinkie

Thanks all, good news/bad news... I do not do snails so there may be some on the trip after mine.. OTOH, there may be a shortage of breadsticks.. rofl.gif

BB is checking his TODO list.... A Big Howdy to Cheffy Ioan, Tall Eric,, and Miss A from the West Texas Cowgirl. :) Dust off Paul's seat...

Today I got the last of my mail order things... a Leki Walking Stick... Never again will I pass up a set of rock stairs with no hand rails and I have my expensive camera (St. Vincent and Devil's Island). ;)

BB is also loving this snappy CC forum today after it's memory addition.

Have a great trip BB. I'm sure you'll be a legend on board by the time we board right after you. When do you fly out to begin your wonderful trip?

Save some sun for us.

John and Paul, I'm trying to track down just the right critter, but it's been elusive, so I have two fall-back plans.

Jackie

Have a great trip BB. I'm sure you'll be a legend on board by the time we board right after you. When do you fly out to begin your wonderful trip?

Jackie

I think there is something about 6:00AM out of Roanoke on my ticket. :eek: Be at the airport an hour in advance and take a 10 minute taxi ride to the airport... Soooooooo.. :o

Blackbird. Are you leaving on Sunday or the day before? I have an equally abysmal flight scenario! But at least getting in on Saturday....

Carolyn

I think there is something about 6:00AM out of Roanoke on my ticket. :eek: Be at the airport an hour in advance and take a 10 minute taxi ride to the airport... Soooooooo.. :o

Blackbird. Are you leaving on Sunday or the day before? I have an equally abysmal flight scenario! But at least getting in on Saturday....

Carolyn

Because I have to change planes in DC, I am flying out Sat. morning and overnighting at the Holiday Inn St. Thomas. Gives the airline two days to get my luggage to me :) I plan to do tea time on Monday,,, I will be the heavy set man with a Blackbird 71 tee shirt. :)

Blackie,

The Legend is calling on Marigot, St. Martin today. I've tried to view it on www.cruisecal.com, but as the webcam is not very clear, cannot make it out. (Legend departs at 6 p.m.)

Go take a peek!

Pinkie

You will not find Legend on www.cruisecal.com because this side of the island is the Dutch freeport as I recall it we were on the French side last time we was there onboard the Pride.

T&T:rolleyes:

...I'm the solo woman (my husband had to cancel at the last minute) who's likely NOT wearing, LOL, a Blackbird 71 tee shirt! I should be able to make it to tea!

Good luck with your flights.

Can I tell a nice story about the Holiday Inn in St. Thomas? When I was (oh so many years ago -- actually, not that many, it was 2000) moving to St. John, I was flying out of Miami with my 15-year old cat who was diabetic. Stressful. Okay, also stressful that, as my father dropped me off at the airport, he gave me an uncharacteristically warm-and-fuzzy vote of support about my decision to move to the islands. It was and I quote: "honey: make the best of it".

Doom.

And the flight is late, hours late, and I'm starting to feel anxious, that I'll miss the last ferry to St. John and I have this sick cat...and this man comes over to me and says, "don't worry, I own the Holiday Inn and we have a room for you, my treat."

It was...a wonderful gesture. And even though I did just (barely) make the last St. John ferry, I never forget his generous spirit. Don't know his name, alas.

Carolyn

Because I have to change planes in DC, I am flying out Sat. morning and overnighting at the Holiday Inn St. Thomas. Gives the airline two days to get my luggage to me :) I plan to do tea time on Monday,,, I will be the heavy set man with a Blackbird 71 tee shirt. :)

Change of Plans :o

My 6:15 United Flight will not be leaving until 7:15, and that would give me 20-30 minutes in Dulles to change planes but the ticket agent said, no way would me luggage make it. The he said there is PLAN B, OK what's PLAN B, :p We switch you over to US Air and you get into St. Thomas 3 hours later but with your luggage.... Plan B sounds good to me... So now I am at the wonderful Roanoke Air until 9:00....

Later...

Two Words "Spring Break" :eek:

And do not do what BB did, do not wear a flannel shirt into the none AC baggage claim.

On the group taxi to the Holiday Inn and other places. There were 4 30s something and grandmother. One of the said Seabourn and I asked them if they were going on the cruise and they said yes. Not only was it their first Seabourn cruise but their First cruise periods.....

BB is room servicing it and then early to bed....

Later

Blackbird, I hope you made it Ok to the Holiday Inn and did not suffer an attack of heat prostration!

No problem, BB has been fighting a winter head and chest cold so the early morning airport run and flight down drained me. Went to bed at 7:00PM and after a couple false started woke up at 5:30am :D

Holiday Inn is nice and the room service good. Had crab cake app and a garden salad before crashing.

Holiday Inn has free WiFi but it does not work in my room. I have to lobby it.

OK my ride down in the elevator was a little strange... Rode down with a local. Green pants - check,, white tee shirt - check.... Glock...:eek: LOL I saw him a little later as I was posting it with a sport's coat....

later

After I posted my morning post I went outside for a smoke. And guess what I saw???? I will be taking a picture of the Legend from my hotel room and posting tonight.

I asked a taxi driver what was the name of the dock, and he said West Indian.

Off to breakfast.

Archived