Car Rental at Miami Port

jelbnl

Which car rental companies offer transportation to/from the port at Miami? Are there any that are within walking distance?

All the major brands have shuttles to their location, which is near the airport, about a 20 min ride. Hope this helps. You should make a reservation on line befor hand...

We just got off the Explorer Sunday and thought we ha a reservation with a company. Found out we did not and they still were ble to give us a car. Just stand out in front of the port and the busses roll by. We wound up tking a cab for $20+ as there were so many people and we wanted to go to the beach!:D

We rented from Thrifty a couple weeks ago. Their shuttle picked us up at the pier and took us to the aiport location to get the car. Went very smoothly, except:

There were people wanting to jump on the thrifty shuttle who weren't renting cars, they just wanted a free ride to the airport. The driver had to inform them he worked for THRIFTY CAR RENTAL, and was not a free airport shuttle service:rolleyes: One guy and his son literally pushed me out of the way and got on with their bags. The driver had a tough time talking them into getting off, they were bound and determined to get him to take them to the airport:mad:

We'll be heading down a day early next March and we plan to stay out by the airport. I was thinking of renting a car to do a little sightseeing. If we drop the car off in the AM will they shuttle all five of us to the port. Seems like a good deal, the car rental would be less than getting a shuttle to the port, plus you get the car for the day.

We'll be heading down a day early next March and we plan to stay out by the airport. I was thinking of renting a car to do a little sightseeing. If we drop the car off in the AM will they shuttle all five of us to the port. Seems like a good deal, the car rental would be less than getting a shuttle to the port, plus you get the car for the day.

I would drop off your bags and passangers at the port, drive to the airport to return your car and then thake the shuttle back to the ship. That way you don't have to go crazy with your bags.

Yes, they will. When we rented from Alamo, the shuttles went regularly and we were really pleased with the service.

I would drop off your bags and passangers at the port, drive to the airport to return your car and then thake the shuttle back to the ship. That way you don't have to go crazy with your bags.

I thought about that but all the way back to MIA, return the car and shuttle back to easily take over an hour. If there were a downtown location I could drop off, return the car and take a taxi. I think that is the only way I would consider that.

I thought about that but all the way back to MIA, return the car and shuttle back to easily take over an hour. If there were a downtown location I could drop off, return the car and take a taxi. I think that is the only way I would consider that.

I agree with you and also, you don't want them just standing there waiting for you. It's a pretty busy spot and they would be waiting a while. If they board without you, then they're cruse would be longer than yours and that doesn't seem fair either! :)

I'd keep the family together.

Archived