Monte Carlo toure guides

Good morning Phil. We used Sylvie from azur-guides-interpretes.com. She is fabulous! We highly recommend her!

Lisa

Viking Serenade 4/93

Monarch of the Seas 10/93

Viking Serenade 3/95

Majesty of the Seas 10/95

Viking Serenade 4/96

Viking Serenade 6/97

Rhapsody of the Seas 10/00

Legend of the Seas 2/01

Radiance of the Seas 9/01

Radiance of the Seas 8/02

Brilliance of the Seas 5/03

Http://www.dream-tours.com

our driver was Jean Mark and he was fantastic.

Had a full day tour and saw everything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by divinc:

Will someone post the private tourguide/company/e-mail, etc. for Monte Carlo that they have used? Thanks

Phil<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next stop:

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

Hi

I can't say enough good things about Michel Legrand and Revelation Tours - we had a terrific tour from Cannes to Monte Carlo!

First, I want to tell you that Michel and Revelation Tours are exceptional for many reasons.

We found out when we boarded the Galaxy that the itinerary had been changed and that we'd be in Villefranche a day earlier than originally planned. With less than 2 weeks notice and during their busy season, Michel was able to make this change for us. Also, as word spread onboard about our Villefranche tour, we asked Michel to accommodate 16 more Cruise Critic folks in 2 minivans, and he did it for us. He had to sub-lease the vans from another company and arrange for these vans to have the same amenities as Revelation Tours vans, but he did it.

Another special note is that Michel and Revelation Tours did not mind if each of our vans - and we had 5 in total - had a different itinerary, nor if we changed the itinerary as the tour went along. Moreover, Michel went out of his way to draft three different itineraries for us based on the interests of our Cruise Critic groups, rather than demanding that we choose from the existing tours in the Revelation Tours brochure.

We had three vans doing an all-inclusive tour - from Cannes in the west to Monaco/Monte Carlo in the east; jayzee99 and jjudymac are very complimentary on the Galaxy eastbound roll call thread about their van tours doing this route.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=9243096327&m=7203000437&r=941105222#941105222

Two vans visited Nice, Juan les Pins, Antibes, St. Paul de Vence, Eze and looked out over Monaco/Monte Carlo from La Turbie. The start was delayed by an hour by French police checking paperwork and such. And later in the day, the second van developed engine trouble. In spite of that, we all felt the tour was A1 and were not grumbling about these events. Michel approached me - not the other around - and advised he would not charge us at all for these two tours. He would not listen to us saying we had had an excellent tour in spite of the delays and would not even consider accepting 50% of the tour cost. Our van thought well enough of him and the tour that we tipped him equal to most of the tour cost.

Everyone in all the vans got an information kit with a copy of the itinerary for the day and historical information about the places being visited. Each van - even the non-Revelation Tours vans - offered an audio presentation for each visit site and free non-alcoholic drinks too.

The weather was perfect, the scenery was divine and the service we received was outstanding. We probably had the best shore excursion we've ever had and thought it was a perfect day! You can check out the Revelation Tours web site at www.revelation-tours.com or contact Michel Legrand at revelationtours@aol.com

Bev

Thanks everyone,

I booked Dream tours today. Dream tours already had one couple and us four made it 6. There pricing is such that there is no charge for our 6 year old grandson.

Revelation tours needed a van-full.

Phil

Hi Phil,

We also used Dream Tours a month ago and had a WONDERFUL experience. I think you will be very pleased. It was great to customize our itinerary (went to Cannes, along the scenic coastal road, to scenic overlooks, to St. Paul de Vence, to Eze, and to Nice) before and after the cruise.

Happy cruise to you,

Donna

I have been looking on the Revelation Tours website and can't find whether the prices are per person or a group?? Looks too cheap for a group but very expensive per person, any one know for sure?

Thanks,

Becky

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;25;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Brilliance of the Seas July 25, 04

Thanksgiving on Explorer of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Why does time fly only when you don't want it to?

November 04 Explorer

July 03 Explorer

August 02 Adventurer

July 01 Voyager

Starward NCL 1981

We used Sylvie and had an absolutely wonderful time. She has a wonderful personality, is very knowledgable about the area and she is very easy to look at icon_wink.gif You can't go wrong with her, she is great.

Mike

See our reviews and pictures at Mike and Carol's Website

Costa Classica 3/94

Celebrity Mercury 4/98

Carnival Destiny 4/99

Crown Princess 7/01

Norwegian Star 11/01

Grand Princess 12/01

Sun Princess 3/02

Celebrity Constellation 11/02

Brilliance of the Seas 6/03

Navigator of the Seas 11/03

Jewel of the Seas 06/04

Tahitian Princess 02/05

Bec2629,

I contacted Sylvie Di Cristo, Alain from Dream Tours, Michel from Revelation-Tours, and Riviera Limousine a while back for a tour from Cannes to Monaco...

We found Sylvie to be very sweet; Alain's tone was like he was not needing customers and that he did not want to also cover Cannes for our tour (because in reality there are not much choices for tour guides for VilleFranche port); he also corresponded to me in e-mail that later on if I refused to let him add people to our private tour of 4, I would be charged an additional 20%)...Anyway, we were very lucky to have found Michel from Revelation-Tours as he was and continued to be very accomodating and appreciative/grateful of the business...

In terms of rate, Dream Tours's public quoted price was 800 euros for a 9 hr tour of 8 people;

Revelation Tours's public quoted price was 765 euros for a 9 hr tour of 8 people (85 euro/hr for the van; and 95 euro per person for the full 9 hr)...If you e-mail to Michel and describe your situation/needs and the date you need the service, you might be pleasantly surprise with a discount off the public quoted price, depending on different circumstances and dates of services...Also, with Revelation-Tours, as Bev had cited, the tours can be highly individualized and customized without the additional cost or attitude...Good luck to you whichever tour you choose; the French Riviera is such a picturesque and romantic place not a have a pleasant and memorable experience...

"Ltgl"

Does anyone have the web site for Slyvie seems that I may have the wrong one. Also does anyone know if Sylvie of Micheal from Revelation, will put a group together, there is only the 2 of us and a van for the day would be too costly. Have posted on the boards for other couple and no one has responsed and Villafranche is the day after we sail from Barcelona

norm

Thanks to the reviews on this thread I have been corresponding with Michel of Revelation Tours. He has been very accomadating and I'm sure he will work with you to form a group to help defray the cost. He has offered us a full day or half day rate that is better than I expected. What is your sail date??

Becky

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;25;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Brilliance of the Seas July 25, 04

Thanksgiving on Explorer of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Why does time fly only when you don't want it to?

November 04 Explorer

July 03 Explorer

August 02 Adventurer

July 01 Voyager

Starward NCL 1981

Norm,

This is her website. I just pulled it up and it works fine.

http://www.azur-guides-interpretes.com/

Mike

See our reviews and pictures at Mike and Carol's Website

Costa Classica 3/94

Celebrity Mercury 4/98

Carnival Destiny 4/99

Crown Princess 7/01

Norwegian Star 11/01

Grand Princess 12/01

Sun Princess 3/02

Celebrity Constellation 11/02

Brilliance of the Seas 6/03

Navigator of the Seas 11/03

Jewel of the Seas 06/04

Tahitian Princess 02/05

Hi Jezz Dogg,

We used Dream Tours last month and were thrilled with our tour that we were able to customize (we had seen Monte Carlo on a previous trip). I just wanted to let you know that we traveled on short notice (we took our vacation earlier than anticipated this year because my husband changed companies so we went before he started with his new company) and were able to easily form a group on board the ship. Many of the passengers understand that the private drivers can offer a much better experience than the shore excursions, so they are just looking for someone too and/or don't know how to organize. In fact, we had other passengers who paid a 10% penalty to cancel prebooked shore excursion to come with us because they could see that they would be able to see a lot more with the private drivers for less $$. We took cell numbers for several tour operators with us and called them from the preceding ports. I know that Dream Tours will also help match you if they have other inquiries for your sailing. It's a little harder for you because you will have your Villefranche stop the second day, so I guess it would depend on what time you board the ship prior to sailing in Barcelona and how much you interact with your fellow passengers. If you start asking around in the dining room and on deck, I don't think you'll have any problems finding passengers to join you to fill up a van. I hope it works out for you too.

Also, I posted info about this elsewhere on this site, I STRONGLY recommend that you hire a guide who will not charge you if you are not able to go on your tour through no fault of your own. We have been on two sailings in Europe in the last two years in which the port times and locations were changed due to weather, and we were not traveling in the off season. You just never know when there will be a problem with the ship or another situation that is beyond your control. Dream Tours does not charge passengers who are unable to travel to the port for the tour. Our driver advised us that they are uncomfortable taking funds from passengers for services that they don't provide. I think some sort of a cancellation fee may be appropriate, but I think it's just wrong to charge passengers for the full cost of a tour that the passengers can't take due to circumstances beyond their control. I'm sure Sylvie is a great tour guide as shown by the other posts here and elsewhere on this site, but I'm advised that she has charged passengers who were unable to keep their tour plans due to circumstances beyond their control, and it's my understanding that the other tour companies don't do that.

Hope you have a great time,

Donna

[This message was edited by dbh62ark on 06-16-04 at 09:54 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jezzdogg:

Does anyone have the web site for Slyvie seems that I may have the wrong one. Also does anyone know if Sylvie of Micheal from Revelation, will put a group together, there is only the 2 of us and a van for the day would be too costly. Have posted on the boards for other couple and no one has responsed and Villafranche is the day after we sail from Barcelona

norm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HI - here's an answer from Sylvie when we asked about how groups worked...

WE IN FACT DO AS YOU WISH: YOU MAY FIND THE REST OF THE PARTY ON YOUR OWN OR

WE MAY HAVE OTHER PARTIES THAT YOU MAY WANT TO JOIN, IT IS UP TO YOU.

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas

11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas

Alaska - Dawn Princess

Coastal - Island Princess

• 5 weeks later...

Just back from Mille, Barcelona- Venice. Sylvie left us stranded at the dock. Took a group of 17 over us and thwey left before we arrived. She is NO good. A girl with my family of 5 has MS and the stress of being stranded set her off into a frare up. Basically, trip ruined.

Archived