Freebies, coupons, etc

mcubed

Hi all -

I am taking my first cruise on Princess this October. I am always on the lookout for a bargain or a way to make my money stretch. I have read about coupon books, free items, etc being given away at ports or on the ship on other lines. What, if any, deals, coupons, freebies can I expect on Golden Princess this October? Thanks, so much, in advance :confused:.......

The coupon “books” we have seen were more advertisement than bargain. Most of them were for services we done use, $0.75 off some foo foo drink or a coupon for a chance on winning a cheap gift after buying something in one of the shops.

On the Diamond there was a small coupon book given to each cabin with some coupons to use onboard:D not sure if they still give these.

Where are you cruising???

Thanks for all your replies! In answer to the above question I am cruising to the Mexican Riviera (Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo).

I would not be too worried about the coupon book. We got one...essentially a little money off a bunch of overpriced items that you would not normally purchase. Seems to me that they want you to focus on the 'savings' instead of the price. We were on the Star in Dec. We tossed the 'coupon' book. Never bothered with any of the 'free' gifts at the shore stores either...for the same reason.

Aside from the coupons on the ship, you can look on the internet for information on each port to be visited. Sometimes you can find coupons or specials pertaining to the port. You can also find activities to do that might be free or inexpensive, thus, no expensive shore excursion. That seems to be where most of our on board expenses are incurred. Last cruise we had none. Have fun planning.

The coupon book is pretty worthless.

And any of the "freebies" that they promote for shopping are usually a joke. We saw "free diamond earrings" posted for one of the recommended shops - the earrings were so small you couldn't spot ANY stone on them, LOL.

Archived