ft. lauderdale hotel

Any recommendations for moderately priced hotels in Ft. Lauderdale for pre-cruise? There will be 5 of us. If this is covered elsewhere on the board, I can look there. Need advise on where to look, though. Nothing came up in a search.

it was in the middle of nowhere and the shuttle was late in getting us (by 90 minutes) and when it got there is was so dirty. Everyone was giving rave rewiews about the sleep inn (i think that is correct) and it is right next to the pier. Good luck.

Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale is awesome. We always stay there when we are in Fort Lauderdale or Miami. The pool is awesome, rooms are nice, and the inside of the hotel is incredible- its like a jungle! The prices are usually around $250 a night for us when we stay there, may be more or less depending on the season, but it is less than three miles from Port Everglades and just about a mile from the beach.

Good to know about the Embassy Suites. If you bid Priceline, the Ft. Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club and the Embassy Suites are the only 3* hotels in the Downtown Ft. Lauderdale area. Sounds like either would be a safe bet.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites when we sail out of Ft.

Lauderdale. I don't think we ever paid over $150 and that would

be booking directly with Hilton. You get the open bar in the

evening and the made to order breakfast in the morning. There

are restarants across the street along with a grocery and liquor

store. We love sailing out of Fr. Lauderdale.

Any recommendations for moderately priced hotels in Ft. Lauderdale for pre-cruise? There will be 5 of us. If this is covered elsewhere on the board, I can look there. Need advise on where to look, though. Nothing came up in a search.
Hi we also stayed at the sleep inn and loved it but we usually stay at the Marriott Renaissance close to the port and a short walk to the water taxi will take you to a wonderful place with shops restarants museams I cant remember the name of the place it seems like it may have been called River WALK but I am not sure the hotel will tell you .

What time of year did you get $150? I would love to stay there, but have only seen mid-$200s +

We are suppose to be staying there this Friday to our cruise. I'm glad to hear such good reviews about Embassy as we also paid a pretty price. Like I said we are suppose to because of the storm starting tonight not sure if we will even make the ship in time never mind staying at the hotel.

What time of year did you get $150? I would love to stay there, but have only seen mid-$200s +

We usually cruise in Sept. Maybe it's cheaper then because it's

hurricane season. Yep, just check my credit card invoice, $167.63.

Since you have 5 people, you are a little more limited on where you can stay. We have the same issue.

Last year we stayed at the Amerisuites for $79 valuetrip rate and we thought it was absolutely fine for what we paid and how long we were in the room. But it needs some work from what I have been reading and they are supposed to be starting renovations in May.

Right now I have the Sleep Inn Dania booked for $98. This will hold 5 people. And it gets decent reviews from cruisecritic people. It has a shuttle from FLL. But we fly in after 11 pm and the shuttle stops at 11 pm.

I'm also looking at the Embassy Suites, but the price there is much higher at $179 per night.

Check out the East Coast Departure Ports section of the boards. It has lots of info. (Almost too much because it makes it hard to decide!!)

Maggie

Sleep Inn in Dania. Two queen beds and a sofa bed which will easily sleep five people. Free shuttle from airport and to the port. Free continental breakfast.

Click on the Click Here link on this site to save a bunch of money on the room:

http://www.smartertravel.com/discounts/Save-Quality-Comfort-Clarion.html?id=16348

That link can be used for any Choice Hotels hotel.

Really? I have never paid less than $250 a night there and I just looked in my file and saw that I paid $329.69 a night when I stayed there in July 2003. I need to start checking online and seeing if I can get a better deal!

We just stayed at the Marriott Springhill suites near the airport - It was cheap ($200or less AAA rate), complimentary shuttle to airport and to restaurants, free continential bfast AND all rooms are suites with 2 doubles and a sofa bed. Newly re-done so it is pretty nice. I prefer the Hollywood Marriott or the Harbor Beac Marriott but they are $400 per night. GOod luck!:cool:

Archived