Good website to see what ships are there when you are

cruisinqt

Since the Cayman Islands require tendering and the process can be quite lengthy, I was wondering how many ships will be in port when we are. A good website to find this out at is www.caymanport.com. You can check to see what other ships are scheduled to be in port when you are. Unfortunately, there will be 4 other ships there when we are.:) It looks like Wednesdays and Thursdays are the worst and are pretty crowded.:( I hope the beaches and stringray city aren't too crowded. Oh well, I'll just go with a positive attitude and I'm sure I'll have lots of fun. Anyway, I hope this helps because I have heard other people ask how they could find out how many ships would be in port when they were there. So maybe this will help some of you. Enjoy your cruise!:D

:)

We have been there when 6 ships were there. Although we didn't take the Stingray City tour that time (did a few years ago), we talked with a couple of people from ou ship. They said that it was mobbed out at the reef. They hardly got to enjoy the trip.

In town - mobbed again. We went to shore early and did some shopping that we wanted to do. By the time we left to take a tender back to our ship, the crowds had desended upon the little shopping area because all the tours were returning and getting ready to take out other tours.

:)

Wow, six ships? And I thought four ships was bad! :eek:

Vossjemi, I'm jealous! You're the only ship in port? Boy are you going to have a blast!:D

It seems like we have had bad luck on cruises with the Cayman Islands as one of their ports. Rough seas have kept us from docking. :( I hope this cruise is different. But I have heard lots of people say that even though it was crowded, there were tons of stingrays around all of the the tour boats and everyone got a chance to see and touch them. It sounds like it's usually pretty crowded, but a blast none the less. I for one am not going to let the crowds get me down or dampen my mood.:)

• 4 weeks later...
Help! There's going to be 13 ships in whilst we're there in January. It will be mayhem, surely?
Check again. Probably "only" 6 or 7, not 13. Sometimes a single ship name will require 3-4 lines to print.

Help! There's going to be 13 ships in whilst we're there in January. It will be mayhem, surely?
Are you there on 18 January? I see "only" 8 ships that day:-

Disney Magic

Grandeur Of The Seas

Galaxy

Century

Norwegian Majesty

Carnival Miracle

Norwegian Spirit

Holiday Dream

But, yes, it will be pretty busy. I've never seen 8 ships in Cayman at once before. If I were on your cruise, I'd stay on the ship!

Archived