Destiny Feb 08 Just Disappeared!

TennisLover

I was just looking at Carnival's website -- checked out Destiny this am for Feb 08, now looking to check prices for a different week in February...and those sailings are gone! They don't seem to be up for March either. Anyone have any inside info??

From AP news, January 28, 2008:

"The Carnival Cruise Lines [CCL] Destiny was hit by a freak wave while on it's regularly scheduled route yesterday. The ship was lost; all but 3 people onboard are now accounted for."

:D

I was just looking at Carnival's website -- checked out Destiny this am for Feb 08, now looking to check prices for a different week in February...and those sailings are gone! They don't seem to be up for March either. Anyone have any inside info??

I see that all the 2008 Destiny cruises have been removed. It could just mean that they are adjusting pricing or changing the port times in one or more of the islands. Or..could mean that they are moving her in 2008. I would say the first 2 are probably more accurate.

No worries (so far)..... I just tried to pull up 3 different ships and no 2008 sailings were available for any of them. I'm sure they are just doing maintenance and slight schedule changes.

The itinerary is changing for the Destiny: beginning January 2, 2008 the Destiny no longer will go to St Lucia or Antiqua. AND no day at sea...rather they go into St Kitts, and 2 days at Santo Domingo.

Where did you hear this Tara&Jas?? That would be a huge bummer to lose St. Lucia...

The itinerary is changing for the Destiny: beginning January 2, 2008 the Destiny no longer will go to St Lucia or Antiqua. AND no day at sea...rather they go into St Kitts, and 2 days at Santo Domingo.

Where/How did you find out about this?

That's what my TA told me... but when I told him what was on the web site, he called Carnival and told me I was right... it was St. Lucia and not Santa Domingo (this was yesterday when he called to check).

Is it 100% that the Destiny will be in San Juan until 2009. The Splendour is coming out next year.

Wont know that until they release the full schedule. Destiny has been in SJ since 2000, so it might be time to move her. Just never know.

All reports indicate that Splendor will be doing Northern Europe. Then more than likely going to South Florida. I dont think they would put a brand new ship on a port intensive route. Not enough chances to generate revenue.

I called Carnival tonight as I am booked March 2008, and it is confirmed about the change in ports. I also ask if I could board on Saturday in Dominican Republic (as that would give me Saturday to Saturday instead of Sunday to Sunday) and I was told no.

I have also noticed that Conquest's 2008 bookings are not showing up on Carnival.com.

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

SUN SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 10:00 PM

MON ST. THOMAS, USVI 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

TUE DOMINICA 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

WED BARBADOS 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

THU ST KITTS, WI 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

FRI LA ROMANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 3:00 PM

SAT LA ROMANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 5:00 PM

SUN SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 7:00 AM

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

SUN SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 10:00 PM

MON ST. THOMAS, USVI 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

TUE DOMINICA 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

WED BARBADOS 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

THU ST KITTS, WI 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

FRI LA ROMANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 3:00 PM

SAT LA ROMANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 5:00 PM

SUN SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 7:00 AM

Thanks! I just wish they would alternate between this one and the St Lucia Antigua Itinerary.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Thanks! I just wish they would alternate between this one and the St Lucia Antigua Itinerary.

I wonder why they would put an overnighter in the D.R.:confused: Is that a safe city to be able to enjoy the nightlife and wander around late at night? I know some of the D.R. can be kind of rough. Anybody know anything about this port city.

Several of Carnival's ports of call are fine during the day but I would not want to be around once the sun when down and the vendors left for the day.

Here is what was sent to one of the gals living in Florida from her TA that's going on the cruise with us on March 2, 2008.

Sun San Juan 10pm

Mon St. Thomas 7am-5pm

Tues Dominica 10am-6pm

Wed Barbados 8am-5pm

Thur St. Kitts 8am-6pm

Fri La Romana / Casa De Campo 3pm (The ship overnights here)

Sat La Romana / Casa De Campo departs 5pm

Sun San Juan

I checked on what Casa De Campo is and it's a resort that they drop you off at. No changes are showing up on the Carnival web site yet. It still lists St. Lucia for the Destiny in March 2008.

I wonder why they would put an overnighter in the D.R.:confused: Is that a safe city to be able to enjoy the nightlife and wander around late at night? I know some of the D.R. can be kind of rough. Anybody know anything about this port city.

Several of Carnival's ports of call are fine during the day but I would not want to be around once the sun when down and the vendors left for the day.

I dont think there are any major safety concerns with DR. Its more of the perception of danger, seeing poverty.

Lots of good info on the DR ports of call board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=374

• 2 weeks later...

Destiny cruises for 2008 are off the Carnival website again! I looked last night (was going to check rates for a different type of cabin), and nothing was listed for 2008. Just checked again this morning, and those cruises are still not back.

Does anyone know if they are making more changes?

Destiny cruises for 2008 are off the Carnival website again! I looked last night (was going to check rates for a different type of cabin), and nothing was listed for 2008. Just checked again this morning, and those cruises are still not back.

Does anyone know if they are making more changes?

I checked the Carnival site this evening for Destiny for March 2008, and couldn't get anything to come up. A short while later, the new itinerary was listed.

Archived