CC Announces Independence to Southhampton

I know there has already been a thread about Independence of the Seas going to Europe for her maiden season, but cruise critic just announced it.

SORRY IF THIS IS OLD NEWS!!!!

Here it is-

"Independence of the Seas will begin service in mid-May (that's 2008, by the way; Liberty of the Seas, its Freedom-class sibling, launches this May) -- and will be based in Southampton, sharing space with the likes of Cunard's Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth 2.

In its maiden season, Independence will offer two main itineraries. The 14-night "Mediterranean Treasures" features ports of call such as Gibraltar, U.K.; Barcelona, Spain; Nice, France; Florence/Pisa, Italy; Sardinia, Italy; Lisbon, Portugal; and Malaga and Vigo, Spain. The "Italian Mediterranean" cruises, also two-weeks long, will call at Gibraltar; Cannes/Monte Carlo, France; Florence/Pisa; Rome and Sardinia, Italy; Seville and Vigo, Spain; and Lisbon, Portugal.

There will also be a handful of Canary Islands trips. Offered in late fall, these cruises will be 11 nights long."

Just wondering where the Navigator is going next year as the Independence is taking over from her. Also Independence is going on sale on March 14th

Thats what I am curious to see. Surely they won't leave 7 ships in Europe, will they? I am wondering if Naivgator will be sent to the West Coast- or maybe Voyager will be sent to the West Coast and Navigator will take over Voyager's 7 night Europe cruises. They might put Navigator back in Florida doing short cruises like she is going to be doing this winter.

Time will tell, but I don't want to wait :D !

The Navigator will remain in Europe for the summer of 2008 with her homeport being Southampton. It would be great if the Navigator did a northwestern itinerary that included countries like France, Holland, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and Britain. Cruises to the Azores would also be fantastic. I just hope that the Jewel and the Navigator do not both do 12 night Scandinavia and Russia Cruises. All we can do is wait...

The Navigator will remain in Europe for the summer of 2008 with her homeport being Southampton. It would be great if the Navigator did a northwestern itinerary that included countries like France, Holland, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and Britain. Cruises to the Azores would also be fantastic. I just hope that the Jewel and the Navigator do not both do 12 night Scandinavia and Russia Cruises. All we can do is wait...

May I ask you if there is any substance in your remark that the Navugator is going to stay in Europe or is this just a feeling you have. It would be great if you are right, although Southampton is not the Navigators home port at the moment, as their currency is still in dollars, not that I have a problem with that, but it would be a lot nicer if it were its home port like Legend was, and we could operate in our own currency, GBP. I have a feeling this will not happen as I think she may be needed in hotter climes in the winter

Archived