Bert is better than ever!

reggielew

Hi!

My husband and I recently returned from the Caribbean Princess where we saw Bert Stratton for the SEVENTH time (twice on the Golden, once on the Star, and 4 times on the CB.) I don't know how he does it, but he comes up with new songs every time we see him (in addition, of course, to the ones we all know and love.) He is more popular than ever, and it was necessary to get to Crooner's well before 8:00pm to get a seat for his 9:00pm show. Even his performance in the Explorer's Lounge was filled to capacity over an hour before he started. On our last cruise there were more than forty people who booked the CB specifically to see Bert again. It was reassuring to learn that I am not the only one who books a cruise according to Bert's schedule!!!

For anyone planning to be on the CB, be sure to check him out. I realize that not everyone thinks he's fabulous, but you should definitely stop by and listen for a few minutes. You, too, could become "Bertified"!!!

By the way, we just booked the CB again for June so we can get another "Bert fix."

Reggie

Hi!

Bert will be staying on the CB and will post the weeks that he will be onboard on his website at http://www.bertstratton.com. I know that he is planning to be off the ship for the month of May and will be returning the week of June 3rd or June 10th, but as of a couple of weeks ago, he wasn't sure about his future vacations. I would imagine that he will post his schedule as soon as he knows it.

Reggie

We saw him in October on the CB and were also amazed at his energy. Being so popular it is such a shame that they could not place him in a larger area, he draws such a large audience that others have difficulty getting past the area that he performs in.

We saw him last July on the CB and feel in love with him. I also feel in love with Tommy the bartender. Is he still there? If so and you see him, please tell him Coor's Light and Pina Colada said HI.

I too have been Bertified...I was going to book my next cruise for Sept 2nd and E mailed Bert to make sure he was going to be on the ship, and he is taking another vacation then, so I changed my cruise til Aug 19th so we could enjoy his entertainment. The CB wouldn't be the same without him!

My husband and I were on the ship in February (same cruise as you Hippygirl, I believe) and we LOVED him!! Even brought home the DVD to explain him to friends and family. We stood up twice at Crooner's to see him....the first time by accident. We were just walking by and got pulled in.

When he was in explorer's...we got there early. We went for the show prior to his to be sure we got seats. Reaction was playing before him and they joked a couple of times about everybody being there to see Bert..although they were nice to watch as well.

Michelle

Are you sure he is still going to be on the ship? My 9 year old is in a wheelchair and when we sailed last year she was his lady in red so she emails him every once in a while and he emails her back. He is moving to Nashville to sell his songs in 2008 and I thought he was done with his contract in May of this year. I could be wrong but that's what I thought I read.

Bert Emailed me the other day, he will be on the CB most of June, all of July and August, taking off in Sept, and will be back Oct, Nov, and half of Dec 2007. In 2008 moving to Nashville, but plans to still work on CB, just not as much. Catch him while you can!

Hi!

Bert is planning to go to Nashville, but he is still planning to be on the CB although for fewer weeks each year. We were on the February 11th cruise and only booked for June 10th because he said he would DEFINITELY be onboard. He is planning to be on the ship for at least a couple of more years, but we'll have to check with him each time before booking as he isn't yet sure of his vacation schedule. His plans could always change, but for now, we can still get to see him on the CB.

Reggie

We too have booked the CB again & have seen Bert twice before on this ship. I honestly have to say that he was one of the main reasons we booked this ship again. I was so pumped to hear that he changed his schedule as he was planning to take 2 weeks off at Easter & then changed his mind because of the dry dock scheduled for CB. We are taking our children on their first cruise over Easter & told them that they need to share one evening with Bert & I know they'll love his singing & entertaining. We cant wait - he is unbelievable!!!:cool:

Cindy

I have not been on here since March 18, 2003 . . . (been going through chemo and other indignities!!). I logged on to find out why the Regal was in dry dock and after getting my answer to that I was just scanning down and saw this thread about Bert. We first saw him on the Sea in 2001 (I think) and was immediately a fan!! He is the total entertainer. I am thrilled to read that he is still performing and building his fan base by leaps and bounds. I regret that we will not be able to cruise anymore and will not be able to sit in his "living room" again. He made our first cruise so enjoyable!!

Thank you all for sharing this Bert-info, you have made my day :)

Hi tlcolorado!

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well and hope that you will feel better soon. Since you can't get to see Bert on the ship, you might be interested in ordering his DVD. It is about an hour and a half and is a taping of an actual show that he does each week in the Explorer's Lounge. It's really fun to watch and is almost like being in his living room again. I watch it whenever I need a "Bert fix"! You can get information about ordering it from his website at http://www.bertstratton.com. Take care.

Reggie

His schedule isn't updated on his website, but you should be able to catch him in 2007 if you avoid his vacation times in May, Sept and early December. If you want to be absolutely certain you see him, check in with him by email before you book your trip.

I don't think CB is going to be in drydock this spring as was planned. ?

Hi!

My husband and I recently returned from the Caribbean Princess where we saw Bert Stratton for the SEVENTH time (twice on the Golden, once on the Star, and 4 times on the CB.) I don't know how he does it, but he comes up with new songs every time we see him (in addition, of course, to the ones we all know and love.) He is more popular than ever, and it was necessary to get to Crooner's well before 8:00pm to get a seat for his 9:00pm show. Even his performance in the Explorer's Lounge was filled to capacity over an hour before he started. On our last cruise there were more than forty people who booked the CB specifically to see Bert again. It was reassuring to learn that I am not the only one who books a cruise according to Bert's schedule!!!

For anyone planning to be on the CB, be sure to check him out. I realize that not everyone thinks he's fabulous, but you should definitely stop by and listen for a few minutes. You, too, could become "Bertified"!!!

By the way, we just booked the CB again for June so we can get another "Bert fix."

Reggie

New songs maybe, but has he ever actually finished one?

Bert is not everyone's cup of tea, there is a good reason he is in Crooner's, the smallest lounge on the ship. On my cruise, Explorer's was filled on all nights, Bert or no.

Come and get me "Bertomaniacs" :D

Bert is not everyone's cup of tea, there is a good reason he is in Crooner's, the smallest lounge on the ship. On my cruise, Explorer's was filled on all nights, Bert or no.

HAAA! I so agree, I've never heard him finish one either! :eek: Definetly needs to stay in the small lounge.

Jim Carrey on CraCk!

Yes, I took the bait, could not help myself and could not go without defending Bert, but you did ask for it. On my 2/11cruise, Bert played in Explorer’s on TWO nights, not just his usual one night, because of his popularity and standing room only in Explorer’s the first night. Bert prefers Crooner’s smaller venue because it is more intimate and he can better relate to his audience in “his living room” which is what his show is all about. He is a warm, kindhearted individual with a giant talent and love of people which comes across in his performances and why he has such a large fan base. As for his not finishing any song, well that’s part of his show and why he can fit so many songs into a performance – it’s called entertaining and that is the way his fans like it. In my opinion, it takes a lot more talent and stamina to perform parts of numerous songs than just a few finished songs. I don’t think Princess would continue to keep him around if he wasn’t well liked or I don’t think his “boatload” of fans would continue to book the same cruise ship over and over (primarily for him, mind you) if he wasn’t really good. Unfortunately, you just did not get him. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and personal tastes and is why I tell my customers that is why Baskin & Robbins has 31 flavors. You are obviously a plain vanilla personality whereas Bert fans are more like Heath Bar Crunch lovers.:D

Yes, I took the bait, could not help myself and could not go without defending Bert, but you did ask for it. On my 2/11cruise, Bert played in Explorer’s on TWO nights, not just his usual one night, because of his popularity and standing room only in Explorer’s the first night. Bert prefers Crooner’s smaller venue because it is more intimate and he can better relate to his audience in “his living room” which is what his show is all about. He is a warm, kindhearted individual with a giant talent and love of people which comes across in his performances and why he has such a large fan base. As for his not finishing any song, well that’s part of his show and why he can fit so many songs into a performance – it’s called entertaining and that is the way his fans like it. In my opinion, it takes a lot more talent and stamina to perform parts of numerous songs than just a few finished songs. I don’t think Princess would continue to keep him around if he wasn’t well liked or I don’t think his “boatload” of fans would continue to book the same cruise ship over and over (primarily for him, mind you) if he wasn’t really good. Unfortunately, you just did not get him. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and personal tastes and is why I tell my customers that is why Baskin & Robbins has 31 flavors. You are obviously a plain vanilla personality whereas Bert fans are more like Heath Bar Crunch lovers.:D

Very well put until you got personal on that last sentence:eek:. Actually I prefer to think myself more like butter pecan, the nuttier the better :D :cool: .

I understand that he has fans. I will not even deny he is talented. What I do not understand is sitting through his show night after night to the exclusion of everything else and even planning one's whole cruising life around his schedule :confused: . I have favorite artists but I would even get sick of them if that were all I listened to every day.

Hi Guardian Angel!

We were also on the February 11th cruise, so I'm sure we must have seen each other as I was at every one of Bert's shows sitting right opposite the piano. I, of course, agree with all your positive comments as Bert is my absolute all-time favorite entertainer.

By the way, Doug, Bert often finishes many of the songs he sings, but you may have not stayed long enough to hear the many different sorts of things that he does. His putting together parts of many different songs is only one part of his act. However, the truth is that I myself am amazed that I sit in his living room night after night without ever getting tired of listening to Bert. To me it is fabulous entertainment, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. That is the reason that we have booked the CB again in June to see Bert for the EIGHTH time. But, again, that's what makes horse racing, and everyone is entitled to his own opinion!!!

Reggie

Archived