Bert is better than ever!

reggielew

Doug, I certainly understand your point of view and if you had posted these opinions instead of the rude and obnoxious comment “there is a good reason he is in Crooner’s, the smallest lounge on the ship” (alluding he s*****), I would not have felt the need to defend his talent or popularity. You may be right and Bert is not everyone’s cup of tea – those words certainly would have made your point and you could have left it at that! Bashing someone or something you don’t understand or agree with is really unkind and hurtful.

While I have seen all the other entertainment shows on board CB during my last two cruises, I do make sure to be in Bert’s Living Room every night because we both enjoy watching and listening to his performances – we have fun while we are there and you really feel “SO GOOD SO GOOD” during and after his performances. You just need to kick back, let go and remember you are there to have a good time and Bert makes sure his audience does even if he is a little wacky and somewhat corny. He is almost an unexplainable phenomenon and a lot of fans become addicted to his zaniness. He makes people feel good and laugh at really silly stuff, is that so terrible? Fans over the ages have been known to do some strange and crazy things; some fans must see every concert a band plays; with Bert you also get a fabulous vacation on a beautiful ship! There are some entertainers that make you laugh, others that make you cry, but Bert touches people’s hearts!:)

Doug, I certainly understand your point of view and if you had posted these opinions instead of the rude and obnoxious comment “there is a good reason he is in Crooner’s, the smallest lounge on the ship” (alluding he s*****), I would not have felt the need to defend his talent or popularity. You may be right and Bert is not everyone’s cup of tea – those words certainly would have made your point and you could have left it at that! Bashing someone or something you don’t understand or agree with is really unkind and hurtful.

While I have seen all the other entertainment shows on board CB during my last two cruises, I do make sure to be in Bert’s Living Room every night because we both enjoy watching and listening to his performances – we have fun while we are there and you really feel “SO GOOD SO GOOD” during and after his performances. You just need to kick back, let go and remember you are there to have a good time and Bert makes sure his audience does even if he is a little wacky and somewhat corny. He is almost an unexplainable phenomenon and a lot of fans become addicted to his zaniness. He makes people feel good and laugh at really silly stuff, is that so terrible? Fans over the ages have been known to do some strange and crazy things; some fans must see every concert a band plays; with Bert you also get a fabulous vacation on a beautiful ship! There are some entertainers that make you laugh, others that make you cry, but Bert touches people’s hearts!:)

Chill!!!

Hi Reggielew,

I think I sat behind you in Explorer's on Bert's second night and remember seeing you in Crooner's. We came over an hour early for his first night in Explorer's and did not get a seat together and we thought we were plenty early. Even the band playing knew everyone was there for Bert and they were really good about it. We had to stand at Crooners every night because we were always doing something before 9 PM, but I don't mind standing anyway.

The chicken song was a riot and was new to us. Gotta love him! We had a great cruise. Wish I had signed up for future cruise credit while on board as we ended up booking CB again for November a week after we got off the ship. We have become Princess fans and since we live in Florida, it is so easy to leave out of Ft. Lauderdale without any airport hassles or costs making the cruise really economical relative to a land vacation in the Caribbean. Cruising is even starting to grow on my husband who prefers the sand between his toes.

It's a nice idea having a thread just for BERT FANS. Hopefully it will keep going.:)

you know...if people do not like Bert they do not have to watch him, hence the beauty of a cruise vacation!!!

My DW and I booked out last cruise on the CB only because Bert was on that week. She thought I was crazy but it seems there are quite a few who cruise Princess for Bert! (along with other reasons I am sure)

Doug, didn't your mother ever teach you if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all? This thread is obviously for Bert fans, what's in it for you?:confused:

Nice to know that you have become the grand dictator of this board. Congratulations and please keep me informed of future decrees. :D

Doug R - You still have not answered my question. Exactly, what's in this thread for you? If you are not a Bert fan, what possesed you to even open a thread entitled "Bert is better than ever" or continue to visit it?:confused:

:) Reggielew- I've been on the site before and it is terrific. O.P. is obviously a big fan and has done a great job updating it. Thanks for sharing it.

Doug R - You still have not answered my question. Exactly, what's in this thread for you? If you are not a Bert fan, what possesed you to even open a thread entitled "Bert is better than ever" or continue to visit it?:confused:

:) Reggielew- I've been on the site before and it is terrific. O.P. is obviously a big fan and has done a great job updating it. Thanks for sharing it.

Some questions do not deserve a response.

Ok all you Bert fans can anyone remember what kind of cough drops Bert always uses & the type of tea he drinks ??

No this is not a contest for a free cruise with Bert-I'm just a Bert fan also..DH & I are booked on the Oct.14th 2007 sailing & can't wait...

Linda & the 'Capt.

I guess everyone saw that the CB is moving to New York in May next year right? So does anyone know if Bert is going to stay with the CB when it moves or move to the Crown?

And the reason why he likes Crooners is a perfect location at the atrium with people coming out of the shows - if you notice he attracts their attention when they come out and generally plays Sweet Caroline then. So he starts out with a smaller crowd at the beginning of the week and it works up each night as more get to know him just by being where he is at - unhidden.

Hi!

I think that Bert always used Hall's cough drops, but he has totally given them up. Also, he no longer drinks tea during his performances. He still drinks plenty of water, but that's about it. I guess that he doesn't need the cough drops or the tea--he sounds great without them!!!

Reggie

Hi!

I'm quite sure that Bert would stay on whatever ship does one week cruises from Ft. Lauderdale since he lives in Florida and likes to sail from there. I think that Princess realizes how popular he is and lets him choose whatever ship he wants.

Reggie

Yep, he lives in Florida now, but is moving to Nashville and he told us it didn't really matter where the ship left from living in Nashville, so if anyone hears of Bert's plans for next year of which ship please let us know.

When I taked to Bert he said after 2007 he will be cuttin down to as little was 3 months on the ship, so maybe if he is living in Nashville, he will be on the CB going out of NY! That would be awesome ( l live in NJ)! Also, I e-mailed OP from his fans web site and mentioned that he should put a poll up asking how many of Bert's fans would like to see him perform on land at different venues..around Nashville or wherever he may play. I would love to see him in the future perform in the states, because going on a cruise to get a Bert fix can get expensive! Anyone else who would like to see him on land, or would travel to Nashville to see him?

When I found out that Bert was on the CB, I was really astonished! We actually saw him on the Dolphin in 1997!!! The Dolphin has come and gone, but Bert is still around. We are planning a group cruise in Oct 2008, and hoping he will still be on it. Although, now I hear that the CB is moving to New York! When is this happening??

Archived