Zuiderdam RSVP 2008

RMS Olympic

The only 2 cruises I have an announcement for are:

2/23/08 Caribbean on HAL ms Zuiderdam

3/1/08 Barbados on Royal Clipper

Not much help probably.

Kip

Speaking to Nick from RSVP at the onboard reservations desk, he said that the remaining offerings for 2008 are expected to be announced by the end of March.

Christopher

Speaking to Nick from RSVP at the onboard reservations desk, he said that the remaining offerings for 2008 are expected to be announced by the end of March.

Christopher

Nick from RSVP: This guy is a joke and should be dismissed, I had to get to upper management before I was able to accomplish anything.

We did attend the future vacations seminar onboard, and they stated they were working on several other trips for 2008 in addition to the ones already announced. I think they mentioned Europe as one of them, but did'nt have a signed contract yet.

A new goal....fabulous. Give that spouse of yours a run for his money.

For me too......I want to wear a nice bathing suit...maybe a speedo by next Feb....something I have always wanted to do and not get arrested.

This means a major change.......and its for me and no one else.

Already back to the gym and my next goal weight needs to be accomplished by the Rome trip. I must admit the weight I lost before this last trip made me feel a bit better about myself. Hey, I'm an old gay man......gotta work it!

Alex.......lots of support here for your goal.

Lets all remember being healthy is the primary goal.

Nick from RSVP: This guy is a joke and should be dismissed, I had to get to upper management before I was able to accomplish anything.

WOW I wonder if its the same Nick?!? We have talked to him several times and he was amazing! He helped us book this last cruise, the one out of Rome and then on the ship for next year.

We even raved about him in the RSVP survey!

Maybe he had a bad day?!?

We are there! Just booked with Nick today!

Tom-great to meet you on Caribbean Princess! Look forward to seeing you again.

Donny-posted a message for you on the Caribbean Princess thread.

Matt-Hit the books! No daydreaming until January 2008!

And THIS TIME Bill WILL be with me! He is not an imaginary lover. (I know-I've had a couple.)

Christopher-I should have grabbed more chocolate. I made my chocolate with honeycomb last all week!

Looking forward to the Zuiderdam-must admit, Westerdam dining room disappointed last year. Hope Zuiderdam makes up for it.

And one last note-Bill and I are doing the Alaska Gold Rush in September. He's wanted to do Alaska so I relented. (I always head south!)

I've never been on a RSVP cruise. My partner and I have been talking about trying one - but when I go to the RSVP website, there's no mention of cruises beyond 2007. How are new people supposed to review possible cruises if they aren't on the website? Is this some sort of secret for A list cruisers only? I looked at a couple online agencies and they too only have 2007 cruises posted. AARRGgghh!

I've never been on a RSVP cruise. My partner and I have been talking about trying one - but when I go to the RSVP website, there's no mention of cruises beyond 2007. How are new people supposed to review possible cruises if they aren't on the website? Is this some sort of secret for A list cruisers only? I looked at a couple online agencies and they too only have 2007 cruises posted. AARRGgghh!

Hi SeaTeacher,

At this time of year RSVP announces some of their cruises for the following year. They do this by first making them available to the guests on current cruises and then opening them up to the public. They announced them when we were on the Caribbean Princess a couple of weeks ago and gave us first option to book. I heard they will be available to everyone by late March but keep checking because it could happen earlier. Try calling RSVP and ask if you can book. They may not delay your reservation as it has been a couple of weeks since the cruise. If they do it's probably because they are offering to the San Juan cruise passengers before opening to the public. I think that cruise is in progess right now. Good Luck and hope to meet you guys on the Zuiderdam.:D

Jim & Terry

I was a little confused when I read your post,Gigand.

I think your thinking about,Atlantis. They are the ones that are currently doing a cruise that started out in San Juan this past weekend.

I went to the future cruises seminar on the Caribbean Princess and I remember them saying that they are going to have a cruise from Venice to Barcelona in August of 2008 an a smaller ship. I also recall them saying they will be going back to the Mexican Riviera in late October.

SeaTeacher - in addition to what Gigand said, if you use a gay travel agent, they will have access to the specials that RSVP is currently offering. I was told that the specials offered to us onboard are available to anyone who books before Mar. 31. If you need a travel agent "in the know" send me an email to mattla90069 @ hotmail . com

Tom, as I posted on our Caribbean thread, Ralph wants me to figure out way to do the Med... but at $2K/person and my school schedule, I just don't see it...and will have to wait a year.... oh well.

simple...tell Ralph to find some way to make it happen. Shoot...contact RSVP and request the cheapest cabin even if its on a wait list. For once I would like to spend some time with you on board or on tours.......I saw ralphy more than you this last cruise.

Get on the boat already. Heaven knows I am pushing the money arena considering I have another big ticket cruise in December. Where there is a will there is a way......put Ralph out on the street to make a few bucks....wink wink wink.

Where are the parties held on the HAL ships - at the Lido Pool mid-ships?

We are looking into booking. :)

SeaTeacher - in addition to what Gigand said, if you use a gay travel agent, they will have access to the specials that RSVP is currently offering. I was told that the specials offered to us onboard are available to anyone who books before Mar. 31. If you need a travel agent "in the know" send me an email to mattla90069 @ hotmail . com

Would you say it is better to book through a TA? We used one for the last cruise.

Hey Peter!

The parties on the Westerdam the last two years were all held around the pool at the back of the ship, except one dance last year was actually held in the theatre.

We always had booked with our local AAA friend here in town, but this past year we booked with Dan Howell. We were very pleased with his service and his good relationship with RSVP, and he holds a cocktail party on board for all his clients. Here is his website: http://www.vacationgay.com/

Hope you guys decide to join us!

Max

Yes, the parties are at the aft pool...although rain had our first party at the Lido pool, and it was odd that one big party ended up in the Theatre...

Amy and Freddy were mostly in the Crow's Nest bar, which I thought was a great venue for them.

Hi everyone. We're new to the site but we did get to meet some of you on board last month. My partner and I booked on board of the Princess too. We can't wait to join all of you on board again for another great cruise. We've posted some of our vacation pictures from last year too if anyone wants to take a look.

Orlando and Mike

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/rsvpvactions/album/576460762392953296#page1

Hi everyone. We're new to the site but we did get to meet some of you on board last month. My partner and I booked on board of the Princess too. We can't wait to join all of you on board again for another great cruise. We've posted some of our vacation pictures from last year too if anyone wants to take a look.

Orlando and Mike

Hi Orlando, the link is not working.

Richard and I are getting ready to book and recruiting some friends to join us.

Peter, Sorry about that. Forgot to take the filter off the website. Feel free to try accessing the photos again. THey should work this time. Mike and I are meeting up with several friends from years past and new ones we met from this site. Look forward to meeting you guys too.

Archived