Zuiderdam RSVP 2008

RMS Olympic

QM2 discounts begin...

Will RSVP ever charter a ship larger than 2000-2500 pax after this? ... I love the concept of an all gay QM2 cruise - though some would argue a regular Cunard cruise can come pretty darn close - my TA just sent an offer of 50% off insides, and 33% outsides and balconies. Or you can opt for "free air" back from London with a balcony instead of the discount.

I wish I had the time! I would love to be on QM2 again...and a transatlantic is a cool trip (though I have heard many say "how do you do deck parties on the cold Atlantic?" - and they have a point).

We are considering the QM but some how I get the feeling the deals will get even better if we just wait a little longer...

At this point, it is pretty darn tough to figure out a good reason to book anything early as the pattern seems to be that if some people just wait, then all will get great deals a few months before the cruise. Whether they can survive this business model will be interesting but in the short term, great prices for those who can wait a few months before a sailing to book.

Great to hear you will be on board!

Right now I am trying to decide how early to arrive in Ft lauderdale. Considering the horror stories of flights this winter, flying the day of sailing is just too risky. So I think I will shoot for a 3 day precruise defrost like I did this year....it makes a much nicer vacation...already rested even before you board the boat. Its amazing that this year is speeding up.....and this trip is already on the horizon.

Between the cruise we just completed, the Rome trip in August and this one...it will really mean traveling with family in every sense of the word!

Tom

Great to hear you will be on board!

Right now I am trying to decide how early to arrive in Ft lauderdale. Considering the horror stories of flights this winter, flying the day of sailing is just too risky. So I think I will shoot for a 3 day precruise defrost like I did this year....it makes a much nicer vacation...already rested even before you board the boat. Its amazing that this year is speeding up.....and this trip is already on the horizon.

Between the cruise we just completed, the Rome trip in August and this one...it will really mean traveling with family in every sense of the word!

Tom[/quote

Thanks, Tom. I'm planning on a pre-cruise stay in FLL for a couple of days also. It will be good to see you and everybody else again. I also have an Atlantis cruise booked in October, so it's looking good so far.

Traveling world - don't count on the last minute promos to go on much longer. They chartered ships that were too big for their market...they've learned. Next year's caribbean has gone back to an under 2,000 passenger ship...this year it was on a 3100 passenger ship...they have no trouble getting 2,000. Same with QM2 - just a huge ship - and complicated by the fact that transatlantic cruises appeal to a very particular segment of the population, since there are no ports, and no warm weather... They can't survive on the current business model and they know it, and they have made changes... would I wait to book QM2? yes. Would I wait to book a 2008 cruise? No..and they have instituted a price protection policy.

I am curious as to the new additions to Celebrity....the former R ships. They along with those in the Princess fleet could be chartered for some more exotic cruises.

me, I want a New Zealand cruise or maybe one out of OZ...Australia. with the added costs of flights...a smaller ship would be in order.

If the QM is ever used again, lets hope it is a different itinerary that would appeal to more people. I would love the sea days but they are not for everyone.

Costa is getting ready to build two ships along the size of the HAL ships....maybe they could be selected in the future.

If Wind Star is ever used again...I am there! Smaller ships are more fun in my opinion, even if the entertainment is extremely limited.

As much as the Seabreeze was a bucket...I miss the fun.

Oh dear - this thread relegated to the second page of the board so early in its life.... just won't do.

MarJoe - any trips planned down to FLL?

Tom- I think a transatlantic was the wrong QM2 choice for RSVP, too - first because the gay guys who love them tend to be the most closeted and least likely to want to be on an all gay charter...and others just go "what? no deck parties? no ports to buy kitschy trinkets? $400/night for a basic London hotel room?" I wish they had chartered a 7 or a 10 day out of Fort Lauderdale. That ship is actually a perfect party ship in warm and calm seas.. the top deck is just made for wild abandon. The spa is to die for, and the ballroom and nightclub are perfect. Oh well. Still I am personally a bit jealous I can not experience her all gay, since I am one of those who sailed on her first set of cruises and found her magnificent.

And sorry Tom, no chance in hell of Med cruise. I am the next editor in chief of my school's law review, and our induction of the new recruits who pass our summer candidacy program - boot camp- takes place during that cruise. :) When are you next in the Tampa area? Maybe we could see each other for a bit, however briefly.

I wish they had chartered a 7 or a 10 day out of Fort Lauderdale.

I would prefer it leaving fron Brooklyn! It would be nice to be just a cab ride away from the ship. :D

Richard and I are booked on the Zuiderdam and we have a friend joining us (a cruise virgin).

Hey Matt! We always love to come down to visit FTL, we get down there very often, sometimes once a month or so. May be coming down soon! Need a break from work, can't get the last cruise off our minds...

ummmm... for those on the Caribbean Princess a month ago that I told, "naw, I'm not going on the Zuiderdam next year"... ignore that... I'm in (sheepish grin)

I just couldn't not do it so just booked one of the large inside cabins on the upper verandah deck...

Is it 2008 yet?

you go girl......its about time you gave in ....you know you want it, you want it bad.........come on...take it, take that booking.......

whoops...got carried away.

Me, I am in count down mode for this cruise which will really be great...the first cruise where I will board knowing alot of people already...if only by sight.

It gives me enough time to get into that new bathing suit...and lose enough weight so I dont collapse the zip line tour.

This cruise I just might do costumes.

Although it is too early to book flights to Ft lauderdale....am looking at a precruise hotel........any one hear of the Grand Resort? Price is right compared to some of the main stream hotels in Ft lauderdale for the month of Feb....maybe a three night precruise to work...I mean walk the beach....love the eye candy. This sweet tooth gets me in so much trouble.

Dendren......glad you gave in.

ummmm... for those on the Caribbean Princess a month ago that I told, "naw, I'm not going on the Zuiderdam next year"... ignore that... I'm in (sheepish grin)

I just couldn't not do it so just booked one of the large inside cabins on the upper verandah deck...

Is it 2008 yet?

Same here! (Except we went for a balcony).

I just received an email confirmation from our travel agent, Dan Howell. We are on VE Deck, Cabin 5108. The port taxes/tip additional amount came to $320 each. Sounds like a lot are interested in the ziplining in Roatan, as we are! Arranging a private tour might be a good idea. As far as Belize is concerned, has anyone ever done cave tubing? We can't wait, but as my mother always used to say "Don't wish your life away." We are actually getting ready for a weekend getaway to San Francisco over Easter. Then we have Rehoboth Beach Delaware to look forward to this summer.

Is it 2008 yet?

Alright Phil !!! Perhaps we'll get to meet you next time.

Tom, The Grand is very popular but I don't know how it compares to the others. Perhaps Matt can shed some light.

Jim & Terry

you go girl......its about time you gave in ....you know you want it, you want it bad.........come on...take it, take that booking.......

whoops...got carried away.

Me, I am in count down mode for this cruise which will really be great...the first cruise where I will board knowing alot of people already...if only by sight.

It gives me enough time to get into that new bathing suit...and lose enough weight so I dont collapse the zip line tour.

This cruise I just might do costumes.

Although it is too early to book flights to Ft lauderdale....am looking at a precruise hotel........any one hear of the Grand Resort? Price is right compared to some of the main stream hotels in Ft lauderdale for the month of Feb....maybe a three night precruise to work...I mean walk the beach....love the eye candy. This sweet tooth gets me in so much trouble.

Dendren......glad you gave in.

We normally stay at the Grand Resort post cruise. It's a great place, however, don't expect the 5 star luxury you are used to at Pineapple Point. Nice, clean comfortable rooms, great staff. I agree, great rates compared to some of the other beach area hotels. You will need four nights, since they have a four night minimum in February.

If I reach my weight goals, I want to be zip lining and cave tubing all over that jungle :) We'll just have to wait and see. My ultimate fantasy is to board next year, be standing beside you, and hear you say "where's Matt?" - that has happened once before in my life... a girl can dream can't she ? :)

I just received an email confirmation from our travel agent, Dan Howell. We are on VE Deck, Cabin 5108. The port taxes/tip additional amount came to $320 each. Sounds like a lot are interested in the ziplining in Roatan, as we are! Arranging a private tour might be a good idea. As far as Belize is concerned, has anyone ever done cave tubing? We can't wait, but as my mother always used to say "Don't wish your life away." We are actually getting ready for a weekend getaway to San Francisco over Easter. Then we have Rehoboth Beach Delaware to look forward to this summer.

Hey Max and Bob!!

We are going to plan our first trip to Rehoboth as well. We are considering Provincetown, Rehoboth or Key West for my big 30th bash-- Labor Day weekend! :)

If I reach my weight goals, I want to be zip lining and cave tubing all over that jungle :) We'll just have to wait and see. My ultimate fantasy is to board next year, be standing beside you, and hear you say "where's Matt?" - that has happened once before in my life... a girl can dream can't she ? :)

Matt-

That is a great fantasy!! :) I would love to have the same and maybe not even recognize each other! :-)

By the way, we did have to cancel the Mediterranean cruise this summer. There were a few reasons but mainly my brothers wedding which falls the weekend before. Several family members from out of town are staying for a while and I wanted to spend time with them.

We are still trying to plan another vacation this summer. Who knows where we will end up! We heard the Turks and Caicos were beautiful?? :D

Archived