Is there always a lobster night?

We'll be on a 5 night Enchantment cruise. Is there likely to be a Lobster night? Can you find out menus ahead of boarding the ship?

If you are looking for succulent lobster, you are in for a surprise. You will get one small tail on a platter with some shrimp. It is called the Fisherman's Platter. For those of us who are real lobster lovers, it is a real disappointment.

If you are looking for succulent lobster, you are in for a surprise. You will get one small tail on a platter with some shrimp. It is called the Fisherman's Platter. For those of us who are real lobster lovers, it is a real disappointment.

Actually ours on the Explorer we a nice size and were so delicious. I warned the waiter when I ordered that I would be having another tail. As we were finishing the first ones, he arrived with a big platter and gave everyone extra ones and came back for thirds if wanted. I am a major lobster lover and I was not in the least disappointed.

So is there a lobster night on Sovereign 3 nighter (we're sailing next week)?? Wondering if worth running back to ship for dinner or just take time at beach, eat at windjammer?

I know that there was no lobster on our Sovereign 4-nighter and they also didn't have it on the 3 or 4 nights I took on Majesty or Monarch. I believe that Lobster is only available on 5 nights or more.

Thank you! Another question: When you eat in Chops is it like in the dining room where you can try more than one entree if you would like? Or is it the same as a regular restaurant?

From what I've read, it actually depends! Some were charged an additional $10, others weren't :confused: You will be served enough food, so I wouldn't worry about it!

###

Did any of you get individual little bowls of melted butter for your lobster? Our last cruise, they just dumped some on our plate--not very satisfactory! Yes--they have "dumbed down" the dining experience. Unfortunately, new cruisers don't complain, since they don't know what they're missing. I'd rather pay a bit more, and have the 4-star dining back!!!!

Thank you! Another question: When you eat in Chops is it like in the dining room where you can try more than one entree if you would like? Or is it the same as a regular restaurant?

There is WAY too much food to have room for a second entree at Chops!

Did any of you get individual little bowls of melted butter for your lobster? Our last cruise, they just dumped some on our plate--not very satisfactory! Yes--they have "dumbed down" the dining experience. Unfortunately, new cruisers don't complain, since they don't know what they're missing. I'd rather pay a bit more, and have the 4-star dining back!!!!

What's the difference if it is in a little ramekin or put directly on your plate???????

Would a better term be -

Waiter drizzled the draw butter over the lobster tail....

If I was a new cruiser this wouldn't bother me one bit...

Paying extra for an individual butter bowl makes a difference? It's all going to the same place isn't it....?:rolleyes: ;) ;)

And we were on the January 3, 2007 Monarch sailing...5 nights, NO LOBSTER!!!

I better get lobster on my June 30 Liberty of the Seas cruise!!!

I'm sure you will :D We had lobster on our 5-night Jewel, however the Jewel usually has 6 and 8 night cruises so they are used to carrying it!

###

Archived