How can I convince by husband to do a whale watch in Juneau?

LaBayouBabe

I don't have anything booked for Juneau in August. My husband is not interested in a whale watch. I went along with that for a while but now I really want to do it. How can I convice him? He is more interested in doing a "little" walking at Mendenhall Glacier. I want to do both! Any suggestions out there:confused:

Frankly, why drag him on a costly tour that he has no interest in?? Go yourself and meet up with him at Mendenhall perhaps?? He can take a shuttle, and meet you there, if you can get a drop off from a whale watch, needs to be requested in advance. You can easily meet up at the visitor center, or by the steps in front, no way to miss each other. :)

Prior to meeting you, your husband can look around downtown, etc. Plenty to keep him occupied for a few hours.

while planning our trip, last year, i asked many, many timed if DH wanted me to go by myself..he could do something with his family. i knew he wasn't as interested. he insisted on going with me.

true, he was inside most of the time. out of the bad weather. but he did come out to check on me. i think he only went along to watch me have my good time. he came out to make sure i wasn't getting the camera wet (how nice to him), he did offer to help me up to the top viewing area (and hang on to me, since i am known for taking nose dives), he did bring me some smoked salmon (after everyone else had their fill).

what i am saying...everyone is so busy on this tours..you won't really notice if he is there or not. if it's something you want to do..go! everyone on these trips are so nice, you will find people to talk to and have a ball.

on the way back, my DH was the one asking questions:confused:

oh, he did come out and get me to check the film in the old camera....?

Don't make him. I am going alone and I am sure I will find someone to talk to. I will enjoy it so much more without him complaining about not wanting to be there. He has booked something else and I am happy to go alone.

I am sure I will have a much better time. Try it, you can meet alot of interesting people when you tour alone. We are touring Alaska in August,who knows, maybe you will meet me.

Corkyhead

Mom & I will be doing a few seperate excursions but I figure that way we'll have lots to talk about over dinner as we tell each other about our days. She has no desire to take a helicopter trip and I have no need to stare at totem poles. While both have their advantages we are OK going our seperate ways and meeting back at the ship to share about them. Hope that helps.:)

I agree. If it's something you want to do then do it. My DH has no interest in kayaking so my oldest son and I are doing that while the younger one is going with him to check out the town - this is in Seward. There is so much to do and not everyone is going to want to do the same things.

I agree. If it's something you want to do then do it. My DH has no interest in kayaking so my oldest son and I are doing that while the younger one is going with him to check out the town - this is in Seward. There is so much to do and not everyone is going to want to do the same things.

I'll also be kayaking without my husband, but in Valdez. My first choice was Thumb Cove (Miller's Landing) in Seward, but that would've been hard to squeeze in without giving up something else.

Archived