clothes for kids for Caribbean

sm76

Same dillemma, what and how much to pack for my boys 9 and 3. It is our first time to the Caribbean. Does everyone just pack summer clothes.t-shirts and shorts or should I bring a couple pair of long pants such as jeans or maybe a jacket. I am bringing one pair or nicer clothes for each of them but I didn't know about warmer clothes or not. Since we have been freezing here it's kind of hard to think about summer!:D

It won't be freezing in the Caribbean, so you don't have to worry about that. That's the good thing about the Tropics: consistency. Summer clothes should be fine. If it's freezing where you are, you'll probably be fine with whatever warm clothes you wear to the ship.

However, think about bringing some rain gear.

Pants, pants and more pants. I swear I always pack too many summer clothes for my kids. Then we get onboard and the AC is cranked up, especially in the dining room. And I am tearing apart the drawers looking for sweaters to add to my kids' clothes.

So I pack longer pants/long sleeves for the nights my kids are going to the kids club too.

It won't be freezing in the Caribbean, so you don't have to worry about that. That's the good thing about the Tropics: consistency. Summer clothes should be fine. If it's freezing where you are, you'll probably be fine with whatever warm clothes you wear to the ship.

However, think about bringing some rain gear.

Oh the outside is hot. It's the inside you have to worry about. ;)

Same dillemma, what and how much to pack for my boys 9 and 3. It is our first time to the Caribbean. Does everyone just pack summer clothes.t-shirts and shorts or should I bring a couple pair of long pants such as jeans or maybe a jacket. I am bringing one pair or nicer clothes for each of them but I didn't know about warmer clothes or not. Since we have been freezing here it's kind of hard to think about summer!:D

Depends where you are cruising out of what Port is it a warm port for the month your cruising,if not dress them in warm clothes for your departure and have warm clothes when you come back just in case! Yes for the Caribbean Id take some tank tops and shorts also if your going on a outdoors tour in outdoor terrain definitely some tough jeans and especially some good hiking Tennis shoes, Sandals for the Beach and runnning around the ship! Hope this has given you some help!

We've never had a "too cold" dining room--always seemed just right! (Could be the before dinner drinks helped a bit!)

Don't overpack the warm weather clothes. You will undoubtedly be buying t-shirts--if they run out of clothes, they can start wearing them! Most likely be in bathing suits during days on the ship. And, unless they spill, they can re-wear things more than once. Who will know???

We took our boys on our first cruise in January on AOS, and I used the laundry service for some of their t-shirts, underwear and socks. And I brought the nylon pants that zip off at the knees to become shorts - and I also washed them in the sink and they dry really quick! (The laundry service for kids clothes is reasonable and it's fun to get a package of clean, folded clothes back!) Enjoy your cruise!

If you're going on a ship with an ice rink and think they might want to skate take a pair of jeans or tracksuit bottoms. You are not allowed to skate with shorts and the rule is enforced. On our recent cruise on explorer I saw staff send a couple of girls off the ice who had managed to sneak in wearing bermuda shorts.

I agree with other posters' comments about the chill-factor of the air-conditioning. If your kids tend to feel the cold a cover-up would be useful.

We've never had a "too cold" dining room--always seemed just right! (Could be the before dinner drinks helped a bit!)

I've noticed that the dining room can be a bit chilly when the main seating first begins. They cool that room down, anticipating that it will warm up once it is packed with passengers.

A couple belts before dinner also helps. :D

D

We've taken our kids on four cruises now and for my son, it's a bathing suit or shorts/t shirts for daytime. For dinner he would wear some dockers style pants and polo shirt or button down shirt. Most nights he would change back into shorts after dinner and before going to kids' activities. And he did like dressing up for the two formal nights. The first three cruises he wore a nice shirt and tie with dress pants. This last cruise (he just turned 12) he had his first suit. I don't spend a fortune either, everything the kids wore I got on clearance the season before. It sure makes for some nice vacation pictures!

kathy

Archived