Hotel recommendations in New Orleans

like2cruise

I am looking for any suggestions on a hotel in New Orleans. I will probably try priceline as I have had great success in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Is the Convention Center or the French Quarter a best area. I have stayed at the Hyatt which I think was considered the Convention Center. I don't recall any hotels to speak of in the French Quarter, but I probably wasn't looking. Any hotels very close to the pier...any help appreciated!

For our Christmas cruise from NO, we stayed at the Ambassador Hotel (see: http://www.ambassadorhotelneworleans.com/) mainly because they provided free parking for the week we were on the cruise. It's quaint (renovated warehouse) but also little insulation between room, hardwood floors, brick walls, etc. There is a Hilton (or Hilton property) right on the River Walk which is what I'd do if I were doing it over. Ships dock right at the River Walk so it's a short taxi ride (or longer walk :-) from hotels located on or near the River Walk.

Hope this helps.

Ed

I wouldn't consider either- IF You want some FQ touring?? I AM very selective of areas I stay in. Consider staying in the area where you want to tour from. IF you are just looking for an overnight stay- at the airport has the best bargains. The Hilton is ok- dead at night and not convenient to FQ clubs etc. without a cab. As for Priceline- it is possible to only get an award with one bed, be sure this is all you need- some hotels - in the past would not upgrade to two beds.

We found the Ambassador (especially at $59) a pleasant walk from the French Quarter, past Harrah's if you need a stopping point. Certainly different though -- large rooms with warehouse trappings -- big windows, long halls -- but will be staying at the Doubletree Lakeside (cruise-and-park rate is code CPP) in Metairie on Lake Ponchartrain, and taxiing or limo to the port on departure day.

• 5 weeks later...

We just booked the Maison St. Charles for 12/18 and 12/26--the evening before our Conquest cruise and the night of returning. The Hilton did not have any "cruise specials" that I have read of on the boards, plus they had no parking available for that time frame. We booked the above-mentioned hotel because of availabale parking and limo service to the dock.

We just booked the Maison St. Charles for 12/18 and 12/26--the evening before our Conquest cruise and the night of returning. The Hilton did not have any "cruise specials" that I have read of on the boards, plus they had no parking available for that time frame. We booked the above-mentioned hotel because of availabale parking and limo service to the dock.

...and with Maison St. Charles you can upgrade to a historic suite for only $20-50 more per night! We're doing a wedding in NO/honeymoon on Conquest and are staying at Maison St. Charles next September

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is located on 1700 Lapalco Boulevard Harvey, Louisiana, 70058-3027 ...about 7 miles from the pier.... and if you book directly w/ the hotel...... our AAA room rate was 63.20 per night plus tax ....WOOO HOOOOO ..... the total for 3 rooms was 211.87 tax and all ....... the phone # is 504-366-5369 ...... Even the standard rate per night was pretty reasonable ... I think around 70.00 a night plus tax.... The rate we were quoted included complimentary parking for the week as well ..... I also asked about a shuttle to the pier from the hotel .... they do not provide a shuttle ....BUT ..... the staff told me they are contracted w/ a local cab company and is a 20.00 flat fee to transport 4 ppl ....so not too bad ..... And as I said in my previous posts the hotel staff was SUPER friendly and very helpful ..... also check in is a 2p and check out at 11a ..... but she said if you needed a later check out all you had to do was call the front desk and make them aware ........ Sorry if I am ramblin' ..... just tryin' to get it all in ....LOL .... So far it seems like the best deal going ....... I hope this information helps ...... Happy Cruisin' .....

Archived