Boarding Passes

dawn u-d

We are confirmed for the April 21 07 Star Princess and completed immigration, etc etc., however cannot print boarding passes due to "credit card incomplete". We do not know which card we will use and do not want to "tie up" credit this far out. Our last Princess cruise (2 years ago) allowed us to present credit card at time of check-in. Is it a big deal we don't enter credit card now and print boarding passes? Recent cruisers - your comments, please. Thanks!

We are confirmed for the April 21 07 Star Princess and completed immigration, etc etc., however cannot print boarding passes due to "credit card incomplete". We do not know which card we will use and do not want to "tie up" credit this far out. Our last Princess cruise (2 years ago) allowed us to present credit card at time of check-in. Is it a big deal we don't enter credit card now and print boarding passes? Recent cruisers - your comments, please. Thanks!

I don't believe that you're allowed to print your boarding passes until you have input your credit card.

You will not tie up credit this far out as they don't charge anything. You can also change the credit card once you to another once your arrive at the port, we did that in November as I had a new Amex and wanted the reward points.

My suggestion to you is that you call Princess for the official answer. They may not get everything right all the time, but I'm sure they do know something as important as this.

Definitely contact Princess on this one and let us know what they say. I know that my roommate on my last cruise was procrastinating on finalizing her info and they told me that if she didn't get EVERYTHING finalized she wouldn't be able to board the ship. Your file has to be complete so Princess can run you through security clearance before they will allow you on the ship.

We also could not print our boarding passes without credit card info completed. Our problem is our card has an expiration date of the week before our cruise and our new ones will not arrive for another month or so. I just used our debit card in order to print our passes and get our luggage tags with hopes that we can change credit cards at check in. Let us know what you find out from Princess as we are also interested in what they say.

We also could not print our boarding passes without credit card info completed. Our problem is our card has an expiration date of the week before our cruise and our new ones will not arrive for another month or so. I just used our debit card in order to print our passes and get our luggage tags with hopes that we can change credit cards at check in. Let us know what you find out from Princess as we are also interested in what they say.

Just put it in the system now and show the card you will use at the pier on check in. ;)

The same goes without having a passport number that you can't print out the boarding pass but Princess shows it complete on their end and to just print out the summary. From my understanding from those that are cruising, they don't really need the printed boarding passes to board. We received the luggage tags by mail shortly after final payment.

We had input our c. card numbers into the Princess personalizer long

ago and for some reason it rejected mine, but I could print my DH's

boarding pass. We inputted the same c. card numbers too, but for

some reason the computer did not like that, so I finally had to input

a different c. card number for myself, and then I could print the pass,

but I don't wish to use that c. card on board since I get miles on the

other c.c. Therefore, I simply went back into the personalizer

and input the orignal card that the personalizer didn't recognize and

now all is fine.

I realize the OP has a slightly different situation, but I did want to relate

this one too in case anyone else has a problem in this regard.

Why is a credit card required for the personalizer (to print boarding passes) when you have to show a credit card in person when checking in where this is the card that will actually be charged (and not the one in the personalizer)?

We had the same thing - so I called Princess last week, and they said we had to have a credit card number entered before we could print the passes. It doesn't have to be the one you will be using during the cruise, they still take an imprint when you board. I gave her our card number over the phone and then almost instantly I was able to print off the passes.

Canadians - at the bottom of the boarding pass is a box that you can check off to have them not convert your account to Can$. They charge 3% for this service, and I have heard the exchange rate is higher than the rate the credit card bank charges. Worth looking into.

Julia

Canadians - at the bottom of the boarding pass is a box that you can check off to have them not convert your account to Can$. They charge 3% for this service, and I have heard the exchange rate is higher than the rate the credit card bank charges. Worth looking into.

Julia

Thanks very much for that little tidbit of info - I'll be sure to look for that when we board the Crown in September! I want them keeping my onboard account in USD...

Credit Card in - Boarding Passes printed. Got 2 different answers from Princess, so I made a "management decision". Had a little trouble using same card twice but eventually got it to work (kinda like an earlier poster). Okay - now I'm ready to goooooooooo!:cool:

Archived