airport to pier

travelchic3

Hi everyone I will be going on my second Princess cruise this one on the Crown 4/28/07, leaving out of San Juan. There will be two couples and I was wondering if we should book the transfers thru the ship or take a taxi to the Pier. TA said it would be hard to find a taxi to fit the 4 of us plus our lugguge, Our plane arrives in the same day at 11:30AM and the ship leaves at 11pm. Also does anyone know when we get off the ship if there is a safe place to leave lugguge as we have a 4pm flight out of San Juan and would like to do some sightseeing.:)

It is cheaper and faster to take a taxi to the pier in San Juan. There is a taxi stand with alot of mini van taxis. The taxi drivers know the day the ship is in port and are eager to have your business. I'd say your TA doesn't know what their talking about on this one.

travelchic3-

There is a place across the street from the pier that will store your bags while you sightsee. It's just a few $'s per bag. I can't remember the exact name of the place but I believe that it was called "audio" something. It's just across the street and to your left as your standing in front of the pier.

Taxi's are very easy in San Juan as well.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Your TA doesn't know what they're talking about. There will be plenty of taxi-vans waiting to take you to the pier and you'll be able to fit all 4 of you and all of your luggage no problems.

AFter you walk out of the baggage claim area there will be an area to line up for taxis that's clearly marked. Get on that line and someone will come ask you how many people, how many pieces of luggage and your destination. They'll write it down on slip and give it to you, the price will be on it. Once a taxi is available for your party size they'll tell you to go to it, give the driver your slip of paper and off you go.

Your TA doesn't know what they're talking about. There will be plenty of taxi-vans waiting to take you to the pier and you'll be able to fit all 4 of you and all of your luggage no problems.

AFter you walk out of the baggage claim area there will be an area to line up for taxis that's clearly marked. Get on that line and someone will come ask you how many people, how many pieces of luggage and your destination. They'll write it down on slip and give it to you, the price will be on it. Once a taxi is available for your party size they'll tell you to go to it, give the driver your slip of paper and off you go.

Some of these TA's almost sound like Princess CSR's. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

...and taxi rates are regulated by zone in San Juan. I believe its $16 per taxi to the pier in Old San Juan.

This would be cheaper than a four person transfer even if you paid for two taxis!

I couldn't have said it better. We stepped out of the airport, there are San Juan Tourism folks in (I believe) orange shirts. They guide you to the taxi line, etc., etc. Mini-van took three of us with ease to the pier.

Archived