NCAA March Madness

We'll be missing some hoop action while we are on The Freedom next week. I know many will say "so what - enjoy your cruise" - but I say what better place to enjoy a bunch of college hoops games with family and friends. The Thursday/Friday games are some of the best and we're usually in school or work and wouldn't have been able to watch them anyway - unless we were vacationing. So.... does anyone remember from last year or previous years if RCL has the ability to show these games live?

We lost our TV's satillite during March madness last year and couldn't see any of the games--you should have seen us all trying to find out scores and see highlights! We will be going on Rhapsody again this year--hope it doesn't happen again!

Im sure whatever the sports bar is in the royal promenade in Freedom will be able to show the games via satallite!

Sorry, but no sports bar on Freedom's promenade, or anywhere else on the ship. They do occasionally show some sports at the On the Air karaoke bar on deck 3.

Yes, there is a sports bar on Freedom...it's name is completely escaping me at the moment! But there were a bunch of TV's so you can prob catch the games.

You people as bad as my husband! LOL! Him and his stinking UCONN!! GOD FORBID he miss a game. I told him I was a divorce every March because of March Madness! I'll remarry him in April. Or....will I?!??!! :p

P.S. Oh OOPS...yes GMoney is right it's the On Air Bar. Being half asleep and NOT reading entire posts does not make for a helpful person. Therefore I am going to bed!

You're far braver than we are.

We don't go anywhere during basketball season/march madness.

Seriously.

We changed our wedding date (there were only 2 times we could tie the know) in case Kansas made it to the championship game.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!

Enjoy the games on the ship!! I'm sure there'll be tons of folks there!

Yes, there is a sports bar on Freedom...it's name is completely escaping me at the moment! But there were a bunch of TV's so you can prob catch the games.

You people as bad as my husband! LOL! Him and his stinking UCONN!! GOD FORBID he miss a game. I told him I was a divorce every March because of March Madness! I'll remarry him in April. Or....will I?!??!! :p

P.S. Oh OOPS...yes GMoney is right it's the On Air Bar. Being half asleep and NOT reading entire posts does not make for a helpful person. Therefore I am going to bed!

The on the air club is also called the sports bar on Freedom. They won't start the kareoke if a good game that was on is not finished. Back in Sept, I saw the ND, Michigan State game and it was in English.

why would you plan a cruise during march madness...as a vegas junkie...i would never plan a cruise during the super bowl...if you want to watch bucket stay home and enjoy...only busting your butt about it...they may have some of the games but it may be in spanish becuase if the ship is facing south espn may pick up some of the feeds from cbs...but i think cbs has the rights to the term march madness...espn deportes is a hoot and a half...they are big on soccer...i'll be checking next week 3-18 on the ADVENTURE OF THE SEA'S for my minnesota wild...trying to track down the vancouver canucks...8 of our last 9 games this yr are at home...

Archived