chilled soups

cruisinpatty

It cracks me up how many people are like me and begin salivating at every mention of chilled soups. It's one of my favorite parts of cruises, and always the first thing I look for on the menu! :) haha

It cracks me up how many people are like me and begin salivating at every mention of chilled soups. It's one of my favorite parts of cruises, and always the first thing I look for on the menu! :) haha

We feel the same way. What cracks us up is the number of people who complain because they think soups should always be hot. Takes all kinds. Wonder if they've ever bothered to try one before complaining.

Besy Chilled soup I have had is the Cold Curry Soup LOVE IT......There also one called fire and Ice and its like a hot melon soup..........I also recall a cold strawberry soup being served...........the ones i dont care to much for even though there tasty are the ones that are more fruit cocktails then soups yet NCL still calls them soups

On our first NCL cruise last October, as soon as we boarded, we headed towards the main dining room. I will never forget my first cold soup as I had it with my very first meal on the Dawn...it was banana and it was wonderful. Every time the cold soup was offered, I took it. I loved every single one of them....what an interesting and delightful way to start a meal.

Have fun on the Pearl and let us know how your cruise went. We're booked on her for next September and are counting the days!!!!

Ciao,

W A W W

They sure do! Evening main dining rooms have:

Chilled Peach soup (pistachio pesto)

Chilled carrot and orange

Chilled melon soup (ginger, mint, yogurt)

Chilled avocadoand tomatillo soup (cilantro marinated shrimp)

Chilled spanish gaspacho (tomato, sweet peppers, cucumbers, sherry vinegar)

Chilled strawberry soup (balsamic syrup)

Chilled black cherry soup (vanilla genoise, kirsch cream)

For lunch in the main dining rooms:

Spicy Gazpacho

Chilled pineapple and vanilla bean soup

Chilled blueberry soup

Chilled cream of apricots and peaches

Chilled watercress soup

Chilled granny smith apple bisque

Not sure what they have in the buffets...my guess would be whatever is on the menu in the dining rooms.

Coka

Archived