Which sized table do you prefer?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Which sized table do you prefer?

• A table for two
    • A table for six
    • A table for eight
    • A table for ten
    • The more the merrier!

Since 1985 we have taken 37 cruises on all the popular price cruise lines. We tried open seating once on Princess. We arrived at 7:30 and were told that there were no tables available. They gave us one of those buzzer devices that you get at Ruby Tuesday restaurants and told us to wander about until we were buzzed. Took over 30 minutes and so we now request second seating when we book. We always ask for a large table and have sat at tables for 6,8, and 10. Almost always there will be people at the table who make great cruisemates. The most unusual tablemates were a party of fourteen people in the entourage of boxer James "Lights Out" Toney who was celebrating winning the World Championship Middleweight crown. We sat at his table with his wife and his female manager among others. James looked at the menu and said:"There ain't nothing I like on this menu. I told him that he could order anything he wanted, even steak. He then ordered steak every dinner throughout the cruise. His wife would cut the steak so that James would not risk cutting his hand. After about 6 days into the 12 night cruise, James annouinced that he was getting "antcy" as he had not hit anybody in a week. Fortunately, his wife and manager were able to calm him.

I've read a few times the dining room gets a little loud. Is that true? I hope so. We will have our 11 month old DD with us on our first cruise, and it will be nice to know it won't be funeral home quiet. Bad choice of words...I know average age is higher than most lines...

Hi Brian,:) yes the Dining room can be noisey. Remember they

are serving (give or take a few 100) somewhere around 700-800 people

during a seating...I am guessing if the ship holds 1950 people.

And even if everyone doesn't eat in the dining room it is still busy:)

It is nowhere near the quiet of a Funeral Home;)

Archived