Has anyone complained about noise from neighbors to ship security?

On a recent cruise we had some bad neighbors on one side. They spent the majority of the night yelling and screaming at each other and making a real racket. I went over and asked them to calm down but was ignored. Unlike a Hotel there was no way to get a new room. And there was nothing the cruise security people could do to help me (I assume) because they could not kick them out. So we basically we just did not sleep.

What could be done and what would you do?

On a recent cruise we had some bad neighbors on one side. They spent the majority of the night yelling and screaming at each other and making a real racket. I went over and asked them to calm down but was ignored. Unlike a Hotel there was no way to get a new room. And there was nothing the cruise security people could do to help me (I assume) because they could not kick them out. So we basically we just did not sleep.

I see you're at it again? LOL Never had a problem :cool:!

Did you have even ONE half-way decent experience on your cruise????? All you seem to do is find fault, have problems and dislike most everyone and everything on the ship. I guess you're one of those who sees everything as being LESS than half full. I really feel sorry for you, unless you're not telling the truth and just enjoy stirring the pot. I really cannot believe that one person had ALL the problems you had on just one cruise. I've done 48 cruises and didn't have all the problems you had on just one cruise.

Please post a picture of yourself. I'm actually losing sleep over trying to figure you out - lol

I'd simply kill for a mental image...

==============

Sorry but not on a public forum. But I am 50 and look like a Banker and/or Lawyer. Very average and traditional job and appearance.

:D

If you have not figured it out yet C. people are getting really bored and tired of your antics. Yes, you will most likely still get a few responses from the unwary or newbies, but eventually you will fall by the wayside. Why not just give it up now and leave with a small shred of dignity. FIND ANOTHER HOBBY:eek:

We had to on our last cruise. We had a person out on his balcony very happy and yelling and cheering for a good hour because his team had won the world series.

At first we ignored him- we figured he was just happy-but this was the last night of the cruise which meant we had to get up early.

When we called security they had to come into our stateroom and step out on the balcony to see which stateroom it was. but after that, no more noise!

Last August on the Pride of Hawaii we had some noisy neighbors yelling, screaming, and playing loud music. I let it go for a couple hours until I called security, and about 20 minutes later it was quiet. I would have asked to change rooms if it kept up.

I HAVE complained, with effect it seems on a Princess ship, some years ago.Three mornings in a row some ******* person insisted on jogging between 4.30 and 5.00am, sleep, below it, and returning to it, was impossible. How selfish can some people get?

john

We have had many noise problems. On last cruise we had three or four rooms around us that must have all been together. They would leave their doors open and be in and out talking loud at all hours.Interesting to know others have this problem.

On the other hand I have also replied to this original poster about why he even travels.Read back to all his complaints. Man your wife must love you.

Looks like someone needs to get a life.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why would someone down ..someone for his threads? If you notice.. he seems to open up alot of different topics..and gets people talking at least.. Just my two cents!

Why would someone down ..someone for his threads? If you notice.. he seems to open up alot of different topics..and gets people talking at least.. Just my two cents!

My two cents, too! I think conversationist enjoys playing "devil's advocate" and getting people talking.

BTW, "conversationist" isn't listed in the dictionary, but here's an entry that's close:

Main Entry:

con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist audio.gif Pronunciation: \-shnə-list, -shə-nəl-ist\ Function: noun Date: 1819 : one who converses a great deal or who excels in conversation

To keep OT, we've never had a problem with neighbors, but we often have problems with people in the hallway yelling and running (THUMP, THUMP, THUMP :eek: ).

===================

Thanks for your support. Since I started posting on this board I have received almost a thousand replies and almost 10,000 views of my interesting posts. :eek:

CONVERSATIONIST

I would be very up set if We went to bed and there was noisy people. We have two small children and need our sleep. We are only going to be in :oour rooms to sleep and bathe. Why would someone go making alot of noise that is what the bars and dance clubs are for. Not bed rooms.

I am sorry you are getting all the mean people writting you. I have never seen this before. They are most likely teenagers or I hope.:o

I think it was a good question. No is my answer.

What drives me crazy is the Princess lovers that feel they can ripe you or anyone else apart if you have anything thing bad to say of Princess.

I am sure that if a Princess ship hit a iceberg in Alaska they were blame Global warming or the iceburg but not Princess. No one person or company is ever perfect. Including myself.

It's true, this is a fairly mild thread, but I am sure many of you may have missed some of his very rude and mean threads he has started as they were promptly removed thanks to our Mods.

Of course there were many views as some people simply could not believe that someone would post something so rude.

Anyway, a troll prides themselves on getting people to respond even if only to flame.

Celeste

===================

Thanks for your support. Since I started posting on this board I have received almost a thousand replies and almost 10,000 views of my interesting posts. :eek:

CONVERSATIONIST

What I have noticed in your threads that you say negative things on differant subjects and then say the cruiseline did nothing about your problem. I have not found that to be true.

For example in this thread you claimed nothing was done about your loud neighbors-but the rest of us who had the problem found when we reported it-the ship's officers took care of the problem.

I don't down you for starting a thread but it would be nice if you would start a thread about something POSITIVE that happened on your cruise. You claim to have cruised several times-if everything has been as bad as you have painted it here-I wonder why you keep booking cruises.

Several times, unfortunately.

The worst was having an infant next door who cried and screamed incessantly during the night. We would happily have moved but the ship was sold out.

Last summer I had two teens next doors whose parents had done the book and swap. These kids were unbelievably loud and crude and the banging from their cabin all times of the day and night sounded like they were throwing around furniture.

I called security about a dozen times over the course of the week. The parents repeatedly denied leaving the teens on their own and shot me looks of pure meanness when we passed in the hallways.

I was in a suite so it was really annoying that I paid so much and had so little opportunity to enjoy any peace and quiet.

I have also run into situations with loud partying and drunken behavior which was reported and actually resolved very quickly.

===================

CONVERSATIONIST

Just out of curiosity.......how many cruises have you been on? I would also like to know if you have a preference of cruiselines......we might want to weigh on your experience.:)

Archived