New Internet cafe perks for Platinum/Elite

longduo

Would someone who has sailed since the change in internet perks please clarify a few things for me. You receive "credit toward the purchase of an internet package." We sail next week on the Golden for 16 days so that is $100 credit or 150 minutes.

Do you have to purchase the package first and then see credit for it on your statement? If so, where do you purchase it?

If my husband and I each qualify, am I correct in assuming that we each get our own credit or a total of $200 credit or 300 minutes?

Thanks for your help.

Longduo

The new Internet cafe perks for Platinum/Elite passengers go into effect on April 1. It's my understanding that you will not be affected if your cruise embarks before then. In other words, they won't change the system mid-cruise.

Once they go into effect, you would "buy" an Internet package and just as your Internet minutes are now credited back to your account overnight, so too will the Internet package. The credit will be equal to the allowable "free" package for the length of your cruise.

Each person who is Platinum or Elite will have the package credited. It's by card, not by cabin.

It works out where you pay for a package that is actually more then the credit you receive so you will end up paying for use regardles of the package you buy.

For example,

On a 7 day cruise you get a $75 credit but must purchase a $100 package, hence you pay $25 extra. :eek:

It works out where you pay for a package that is actually more then the credit you receive so you will end up paying for use regardles of the package you buy.

For example,

On a 7 day cruise you get a $75 credit but must purchase a $100 package, hence you pay $25 extra. :eek:

I think you're basing this on current "packages" that are offered on some ships. We don't know what the packages will actually be like as of April 1. I don't think they're going to offer packages out-of-sync with the Platinum/Elite credits. Then, they really will have a mutiny.

I think you're basing this on current "packages" that are offered on some ships. We don't know what the packages will actually be like as of April 1. I don't think they're going to offer packages out-of-sync with the Platinum/Elite credits. Then, they really will have a mutiny.

That is what I thought but wasn't this info included in the news release by Princess? :confused:

I don't think so either but we will have to see what they have up there sleeve:D

January news release said $75 credit (worth 150 minutes) for a 7 day trip. Which works out to 50 cents per minute.

Plan available on CB in December was:

250 minutes for $100 (40 cents a minute) OR

100 minutes for $55 (55 cents a minute) OR

75 cents a minute

I would think Pam is right--they will align the plans with the credit amounts (which must be how they figured the '150 minutes worth' in the first place).

But even if they don't you could still buy the $55 plan (100 minutes) and have 26 minutes more at the per minute rate. 126 minutes for your free credit, no actual purchase of larger plan required.

This is what it says on the Princess website/captain's circle membership for platinum/elite:

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minutes)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minutes)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to 500 minutes)

You can use your credit towards a larger package "if necessary", or enjoy all those minutes - compliments of the Princess Captain's Circle!

Nowhere does it say that you must purchase a more expensive package.

Archived