Pre Booking Land Optional Tours????

KODIDC

Hi,

Am Sailing On The Amsterdam, Sept 21,07.....a 64 Day Cruise....many Of The Options State A Limited Number....how Small Are Some Of The Numbers????? Was Hopeing To Take Part In The Discussion On Board Before Deciding Which Options To Choose....

Any Thoughts Appreciated...

KODI

I assume you mean shore excursions. Since many of the ports aren't ones frequently used by HAL, I'd guess that many of the excursions aren't listed yet and aren't yet available for booking.

HI JEMIMA,

THANKS FOR THE REPLY....ACTUALLY OUT OF THE 21 PORTS OF CALL THERE ARE ONLY 2 PORTS LEFT TO HAVE SHORE EXCURSIONS OFFERED...

WE SAIL FOR 6 DAYS BEFORE OUR FIRST PORT....AND THERE ARE TO BE GUEST SPEAKERS....SPEAKING ON THE PORTS....

THANKS,

KODIDC

You can book ones that look interesting and later cancel without penalty (at least, up until you board). You will be charged but the money is refunded if you cancel. In my experience, "limited" means 20 or fewer places.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but some of your ports could be termed small, remote, exotic. That means there isn't much infrastructure for tourists, and that means that once HAL has scooped up excursion spots there isn't much left to do.

I'd be booking those ASAP if I were you.

Archived