Veendam in Europe

jell

I don't think the Veendam would be much different than the Maasdam or Rotterdam in Europe. HAL does Europe very well. We've been on 3 Transatlantics to northern Europe and loved every minute of them. The speakers, not the shorex or shopping talks, but the expert speakers are usually very good, if you miss a talk you can see it on your in-cabin tv.

Cruises in Europe are a tad more formal IMO and the ambiance is wonderful. There is a currency exchange onboard but HAL assesses a service charge, you may want to use the ATMs in port but check with your bank before to go to make sure your card will work in Europe due to whatever network your bank card is on.

Shuttles in most ports are not free, if you're going into town on your own you may pay $5.00 each way (or more). If you're on a ships tour this does not apply.

Enjoy the Baltic.

GN

I may be wrong, but I think this will be the first season that the Veendam has been in Europe since she was built.

You're correct - the Veendam has been in Alaska during the summers for many, many years now. It will be returning to Alaska again in 2008.

We did the Baltic cruise on the Maasdam many years ago now and absolutely loved it. We had 34 days on the lovely Veendam in September/October last year and enjoyed every minute on that lovely ship.

As they are sister ships, I cannot see how you could possibly not enjoy your Baltic cruise.

Jennie

I may be wrong, but I think this will be the first season that the Veendam has been in Europe since she was built.

And I'll have the pleasure of sailing over to Europe on her ... from Tampa, Florida ... in, oh, less than three weeks! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Well Hello Grannynurse:

This would be the cruise I am taking this June. How are you? I am hearing really good things about the Veendam. My daughter is joining me on the Baltic cruise. WE ARE SO EXCITED!

Your friend and cruise buddy,

LAWCRUISER

Hey Lawcruiser,

I didn't pick up on your screen name. I'm so glad that DD is going with you. I wish we were going too but it's out of the question right now.

About a month ago I was thinking of doing a solo but chickened out. I had considered the Prinsendam Arctic (Top of the World) in July and your Veendam. It wouldn't be the same without Chuckles...

Talk to you soon,

GN

Archived