Bringing Soda/Water on board (I know.....)

I have read all the threads re: alcohol/wine smuggling, etc. However, one thing remains unclear: it appears the ban on soda/water was only temporary and now the ban is only on alcoholic beverages. Is that accurate? I don't want to lug the soda around just to be told I can't bring it on board.

For the record, I will be cancelling my RCI Visa card once I use all the points for free cruises (my upcoming 3 day Majesty cruise is free). I strongly dislike their policy on lumping wine in with other alcoholic beverages in their ban. :mad: I like fine wine and the RCI wine lists are not to my liking. I would gladly pay corkage if they allowed me to bring my own wine, as most other lines do. However, RCI does not. I will vote with my dollars and take my business elsewhere.

Thanks.

PS - What do you think they would do if I tried to check this in loaded w/wine? :eek: :p Yes, I really have one and have used it on HAL and Princess without incident.

12upclosedutilityrearhandlesextented.jpg12upopenedutility.jpg

I have read all the threads re: alcohol/wine smuggling, etc. However, one thing remains unclear: it appears the ban on soda/water was only temporary and now the ban is only on alcoholic beverages. Is that accurate? I don't want to lug the soda around just to be told I can't bring it on board.

For the record, I will be cancelling my RCI Visa card once I use all the points for free cruises (my upcoming 3 day Majesty cruise is free). I strongly dislike their policy on lumping wine in with other alcoholic beverages in their ban. :mad: I like fine wine and the RCI wine lists are not to my liking. I would gladly pay corkage if they allowed me to bring my own wine, as most other lines do. However, RCI does not. I will vote with my dollars and take my business elsewhere.

Thanks.

PS - What do you think they would do if I tried to check this in loaded w/wine? :eek: :p Yes, I really have one and have used it on HAL and Princess without incident

12upclosedutilityrearhandlesextented.jpg12upopenedutility.jpg

We had no problem bringing on bottled water in Oct. Many passengers were also bringing cases of soda and water and had no issues. Yes, it's great that Princess still allows wine to be brought on board. Have a nice cruise.

We were on the Jewel in January. No problem bringing soda, water or alcohol on board in Fort Lauderdale. Even in the ports we had bottles of soda and water in our carry-ons and they went right through the security machine on the ship. Noone ever asked us to open our bags to check the bottles.

I guess you need to figure if the "lugging" around is really worth it! We fly in, so it's never in our best interest to bring any more weight than necessary! The water on the ship is excellent. If you drink alot of soda, then it may be worth it. Cans cost $1.50, so we've never broken the bank buying one here and there!

Great - thanks for all of the advice.

Carrying it isn't a big deal - I live in Fort Lauderdale. I just don't want to bring it to security just to be told "sorry...no soda."

PS - for those asking about supermarkets, there is a supermarket (Publix) and huge wine shop (Total Wine & More) right by the Fort Lauderdale port (about 1/2 mile south on US 1). If you are sailing from Miami, there are plenty of supermarkets and Walgreeen's/CVS stores the cabbie can take you to en route to the port in order to stock up for the trip.

Great - thanks for all of the advice.

Carrying it isn't a big deal - I live in Fort Lauderdale. I just don't want to bring it to security just to be told "sorry...no soda."

PS - for those asking about supermarkets, there is a supermarket (Publix) and huge wine shop (Total Wine & More) right by the Fort Lauderdale port (about 1/2 mile south on US 1). If you are sailing from Miami, there are plenty of supermarkets and Walgreeen's/CVS stores the cabbie can take you to en route to the port in order to stock up for the trip.

Thanks!

I just took A BUNCH I mean A bunch of Diet Dr. Pepper onboard the NOS last week and they checked the bag and did not say one word. The room steward helped me move stuff out of the refrigerator to make space for it too and then when the frig stopped working called and had the staff replace it with a new one to keep my brought on Diet Dr. Pepper cold and me happy! :p I don't think you'll have any problems!!

Archived