Xpedition - Octavalo Indian Market Side Trip

chily3

Were almost ready to go. We have one extra day in Quito because of air schedules.

Has anyone taken a one day side trip to the Octavalo Indian market. If so what company did you use.

Thanks

Mike & Emily

• 2 weeks later...
Were almost ready to go. We have one extra day in Quito because of air schedules.

Has anyone taken a one day side trip to the Octavalo Indian market. If so what company did you use.

Thanks

Mike & Emily

Call the hotel directly and ask for Julio for your guide. He has received rave reviews from people who have used him. We have aready arranged for his services for next month.

We returned last week, a great trip. Through the Marriott we arranged for Julio Rosero to be our driver as we arrived one day early. He took us to another equator monutment, a few off the beaten track towns, as well as to Octalvo market. We began at 8:00 am and arrived back at the hotel at 5:00 pm. Cost was $120 and we gave him $150. He is quick to point out that he is a driver, not a guide. I think in Quito guides have to be certified. In any case, he has excellent English skills, and functioned as a guide. He is very well informed.

If you have a meal near the hotel on your own go to Crepes and Waffles across the street from the Marriott. Very good and great prices. For dinner, get there by about 6:30 or 7:00. After that it gets really crowded.

Thanks

Mike & Emily

I may have posted this before.

My wife and I have contracted with Jose for a trip to Octavalo as well as the Mindo Reserve. He works with the Marriott. Call the hotel and ask to speak with Jose. He has excellent reviews from those who have used him - and he is reasonable. We will be him on April 13th and April 23rd. Phone # 011 593 2 2972000

Thanks

Mike & Emily

I apparently having a problem with my posts. Call the Marriott at 011 593 2 2972000 and ask for the Business Center. Then ask for Julio who is a guide for them. He has excellent reviews and is reasonable. We are using him April 13th and April 23rd.

Good luck

Archived