QM2 May 10 Romantic's Caribbean: Roll Call

seacruise9

We are booked on the QM2's 8-day Romantic's Caribbean cruise that departs from New York on May 10. I am a huge Cunard fan (3 crossings and 3 cruises on the QE2 as well as cruises on the VISTAFJORD AND SAGAFJORD) and am greatly looking forward to this cruise! I am interested in meeting other ocean liner enthusiasts during the cruise. This will be my 43rd cruise and my partner's second cruise. I am in my late 30s and my partner is in his late 40s. I can't wait to board this incredible ship! Who else will be taking this cruise?

Chuck

seacruise9

Hey Chuck

My partner and I will also be on this cruise. I am in my early 30's and he will just have turned 40. This is his birthday cruise. We will be in a P1 suite and are looking forward to meeting other people on this cruise. We are so excited about traveling on the QM2. This will be our 6th cruise together having been on Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity, and Carnival. We should all set up a time to meet somewhere.

Brian

Hi -

My partner and I are also going on this cruise.

I have been an ocean liner enthusiast for as long as I can remember and when we heard about the QM2 two years ago, we knew we had to book a cruise on her. We've followed her history from construction through maiden voyage and beyond.

We're both in our late 30s and this will be our first cruise. We're very excited.

We look forward to meeting some new people on board.

Craig

Hi Brian and Craig,

My partner (David) and I are interested in meeting you aboard the QM2. I am an ocean liner enthusiast and closely followed the design and construction of the ship. In fact, I did a special transatlantic crossing on the QE2 in 2001 that featured presentations and discussions by the designers and the president of Cunard concerning the QM2. It was a very interesting and excellent crossing!

I have cruised aboard most of the major lines (Celebrity, Crystal, Cunard, Holland America, Princess, Royal Caribbean, and NCL), but have always particularly enjoyed Cunard. I like Cunard's sense of history and tradition.

The cruise on the QM2 should be great. I booked this cruise in 2002 when Cunard first began accepting reservations. Fortunately, we have four full days at sea to experience the QM2. Where and when would you like to meet on the ship?

Chuck

seacruise9

Hey Chuck and Craig,

I think we should all meet on the first day if we can arrange it. We have not received are passes yet so I am not sure what time we board. Do you guys have first or second seating for dinner? I think we have open seating since we will be in the Princess Grill so we can eat anytime between 6:30 and 9:30. Perhaps we can all meet for a drink before dinner.

One of the best things about cruising is meeting other cuise enthusiasts.

We also are arriving in New York on Satudary evening if any of you guys will be there before the sailing. Maybe we can even meet before the cruise. We will be staying at The Plaza Hotel on 59th and 5th.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Brian

Hi Brian and Craig,

It would be great if we could meet the first night of the cruise. We are dining in the Britannia Restaurant second seating. How about meeting in the Commodore Club?

We are arriving in New York on the Saturday afternoon before the cruise. We are staying at the Waldorf-Astoria on Park Avenue and have tickets to see Broadway shows ("Wicked" and "The Boy from Oz") both nights. You will enjoy staying at The Plaza. I stayed there two years ago and loved it.

I agree that meeting other ship enthusiasts is one of the best parts of taking a cruise. This cruise should be particularly good because noted maritime author Bill Miller is scheduled to lecture during our cruise. I have had the opportunity to meet him and attend his lectures several times aboard the QE2. He is extremely interesting (I have many of his books) and his lectures are wonderful.

I can't wait to board the QM2 (it is now less than a month away)!

Chuck

seacruise9

Chuck and Brian,

We (Jack and I) would love to meet with you on board. It should be fun. I think the Commodore Club is a good idea. What time do you want to meet?

We are also dining in Britannia at the second seating.

We arrive in NY on Saturday evening and have tickets to see Mama Mia on Sunday afternoon. We're staying at DoubleTree Suites in Time Square. In addition to a couple of days before the cruise, we're going to spend four days after the cruise in NYC. This is our first trip to NYC (and first cruise).

We're getting so excited about this cruise!

Look forward to meeting you both.

Craig and Jack

Hey Chuck and Craig,

The ship departs at 5:45pm. What if we meet at the Commodore Club before the ship sets sail at 4:45 or 5:00. That way we can all meet and have a toast to our cruise and then all head up on deck as we depart from NYC, which should be a spectacular view.

To make it easier to communicate back and forth, here is my e-mail address - bosco23@aol.com

Only 26 days to go!!!

Brian

Brian,

4:45 at the Commodore Club sounds fine. We were thinking of trying to get a spot on the observation deck up on Deck 11, overlooking the bow, for the departure from NYC. It looks like there is access to the outside elevators directly from within the Commodore Club.

Craig & Jack

Hi,

Meeting at 4:45 in the Commodore Club sounds fine. However, it is possible that they may conduct the lifeboat drill around this time. We definitely need to be on deck when the ship departs. Sailing out of New York is incredible!

Have you received your final cruise documents yet? We should be receiving them soon.

To make communication easier, you can e-mail me at seacruise@sbcglobal.net.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Chuck and David

seacruise9

Hey guys - My partner and I will also be on this cruise - we live in NYC. It is her first cruise and we are both very excited. We have requested late seating in the Brittania (but I am also considering very seriously doing an upgrade for a suite - putting us in the Princess Grill). Would love to meet you all if you don't mind a few ladies crashing your party! Perhaps the Commordore Club after dinner. - Mo

Hey Mo,

Glad to hear you are going to be joining us. I'd love to have a few ladies crash the party!

The three of us have started communicating through our e-mail addresses so that's why there haven't been many postings recently.

We are looking at trying to meet at the Commodore Club at 3:30 or 3:45.

Would love for you to bump up to PG Class. That's where my partner and I will be eating.

Write to our e-mail addresses and will keep the communication going.

Brian

Archived