So glad I booked early

I just looked at the RCI sight for the Med cruise on the LOS for October. The price has raised over $400 from what I paid. :D I am so glad that I booked when I did. Most of the Balconies are sold out. :eek: I got a large inside on deck six, which is what we wanted. I just wanted to share that with everyone. I am so excited about this cruise.:)

Delores

The balcony cabins are usually the first to sell out especially on a popular cruise like in the Mediterranean or Alaska.

We tend to book at the last minute and have gotten some exceptional deals. Our last four cruises were a top deck balcony for around $650 each on Costa Mediterranea 7 nights, one of the best inside cabins on Regal Princess full transit 10 nights Panama Canal cruise for just $500 each, OV on Serenade for seven nights for $562 and Adventure PR cabin for seven nights for $504. We also got great prices on the air flights required for these and typically spent well under a $1000 each for our cruises including air.

All the D1 cabins have gone and there are just a few JSs left on our sailing LOS 23 August. We booked a JS aft and check every few days just in case there is a price drop. LOL I will continue to check right up to sailing time but so far the price only goes up. Prices are higher next year as well.

Really looking forward to this cruise.

I booked my Oct. 26 Explorer cruise in early Dec., it was $877 including taxes for a cat N, next to lowest inside. Now this cabin is $1777!! Can you believe that? Who would pay that for an INSIDE cabin? I'm SO glad I booked when I did, otherwise we wouldn't be going on that sailing!

Don't ya just love it? :)

Yeah, I checked the 2008 prices just for the heck of it to compare to

what we paid for the same cruise for this Sept. The 2008 is about $1200

more than what we paid.

Deloresgardella- I guess I'll be with DeCastro before you. I'll let

you know how it goes. I just wired them the deposit yesterday.

Yj2cute---Who are you cruising with this time? With as many as

you do I'm sure we'll run into each other again. (Glad you got to

see Julian.) Have fun on the Explorer. I'll be on her in January.

Our brilliance cruise in September has gone up over $1200 EACH since we booked it last April. I love a good shopping story!

Me too! Nothing like finding out you got something for a good deal!

When I booked our May FOS cruise last September, my boyfriend thought I was being silly doing it so far ahead. Now it has gone up $600 each! My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner, the price a week before I booked was even less... Now I know to book way way in advance, then I also have something to look forward to all year! :D

Yeah, I checked the 2008 prices just for the heck of it to compare to

what we paid for the same cruise for this Sept. The 2008 is about $1200

more than what we paid.

Deloresgardella- I guess I'll be with DeCastro before you. I'll let

you know how it goes. I just wired them the deposit yesterday.

Yj2cute---Who are you cruising with this time? With as many as

you do I'm sure we'll run into each other again. (Glad you got to

see Julian.) Have fun on the Explorer. I'll be on her in January.

Hey, Cat. Yes meeting Julian was a lot of fun. I hung out with him in the Vicking Crown a couple of nights. Can't wait to see him in the CL. Hope to be back to the Enchantment in Sept. I'm waiting to book because I think I'll be able to get a really good HH deal. Sept is a good month for that, it looks like. My Explorer trip this Oct. is with new folks for me, never sailed with any of them before but looks like a great group. Of course most of the folks are from this area. We're all looking forward to not having to fly to catch our ship. Where ya goin' in Sept.? Hope we meet up again. :)

Our brilliance cruise in September has gone up over $1200 EACH since we booked it last April. I love a good shopping story!

Great Photos! I noticed that this will be your first time on the Brilliance. BOS is one of our favourite ships; very beautiful artwork throughout (worth walking the stairwells to see some of it), lots of glass (even the elevators look out to sea) and being able to eat outside at the Windjammer and Seaview Cafes is awesome. We were torn between booking that cruise and the one on the LOS. It was a tough decision but the chance to see Egypt finally swung our vote. We are on the BOS next Jan. for the Panama.

Kathy

CAT GIRL, When are you cruising I will be looking forward to your review, especially about Egypt and how you liked DeCastro. Will you be going to the Bazaar for shopping. Really exciting about this cruise, I think going to Egypt is really why we picked it.

Delores

Delores and yj2cute

I'm going on the 9/17/07 sailing on the Legend. Delores, thanks to

your research I'm doing your exact itinerary with DeCastro. In fact,

I copied it and sent it to him. I'd like to go to the bazaar but if

time runs short we'll cut it out. I made him aware of our time

contraints and my worries and he assured me they will watch the

time closely.

Hard to say which will be the highlight. I'll get to see two things I've

always wanted to see: Pompeii and the Pyramids. But then Rome,

Turkey and Greece are nothing to sneeze at either.

Delores and yj2cute

I'm going on the 9/17/07 sailing on the Legend. Delores, thanks to

your research I'm doing your exact itinerary with DeCastro. In fact,

I copied it and sent it to him. I'd like to go to the bazaar but if

time runs short we'll cut it out. I made him aware of our time

contraints and my worries and he assured me they will watch the

time closely.

Hard to say which will be the highlight. I'll get to see two things I've

always wanted to see: Pompeii and the Pyramids. But then Rome,

Turkey and Greece are nothing to sneeze at either.

You have a beautiful itinerary - I am very jealous!! I wish i had someone to cruise with who could afford such a vacation, and that I could too ;)

Archived