on board credit for new cruisers with princess!?

ambrga

Hi All,

I KNOW this has been discussed at length, but I am looking for an update...

if you didn't receive a mailer offering a $200 credit to your shipbaord acct, can you still get it through your TA or Princess? I booked TWO SUITES through Princess directly and unless I give them a code- no credit for me... seems like a pretty insane way to greet a new customer who has cruised all other lines!!

Any tips or advice ...

Thanks

Errrrr - GET THIS: I called and spoke to a wonderful agent who tried to apply a code to score the shipboard credit for me... put me on hold and told me when she came back- she cannot add a promo code now since I paid the cruise in full!!?!?

:mad:

ambrga,

This on-board credit is only given to first time cruisers -- not repeat passengers. So don't feel bad! Once they have you, why offer anything to welcome you back!

Did you book directly with Princess? If so, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Shouldn't matter whether or not you are paid in full if it is an on-board credit. I can see the logic if it apply to the cabin pricing, but not for something you have to wait to use on board.

MARAPRINCE

My husbad and I will be going on the Sapphire Princess April 17th for 29nights out of Sydney. This is our first time on Princess(probably our last). We have already sailed 26 times with Royal Carib and 13 times with Celebrity plus other cruise lines and have found that Princess does not budge once you have paid the final payment. Royal Carib does work with you and so does Celebrity, when there is a large difference on the amount you paid and what the going rate is presently (ours was a difference of $1,400). My complaints fell on deaf ears! My husband and I cruise 6-7 times a year and needless to say, Princess will not be on our list. icon13.gif

Even if you had a promo code - unless you personally have been mailed that promo code, you most likely could not use it.

Princess keeps track of your Capt Circle number and what promo code you have been offered. If Spongerob is given a special code, I can't use it unless it was sent to me also.

My husbad and I will be going on the Sapphire Princess April 17th for 29nights out of Sydney. This is our first time on Princess(probably our last). We have already sailed 26 times with Royal Carib and 13 times with Celebrity plus other cruise lines and have found that Princess does not budge once you have paid the final payment. Royal Carib does work with you and so does Celebrity, when there is a large difference on the amount you paid and what the going rate is presently (ours was a difference of $1,400). My complaints fell on deaf ears! My husband and I cruise 6-7 times a year and needless to say, Princess will not be on our list.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I think both RC and Celebrity are tightening up their policies about price reductions after final payments, too. Princess has always been very firm about this.

Coral - I've even got my Princess decoder ring! :)

Trying to get a referral credit after you have booked is impossible. Dont waste your time it is not worth it.. My FIL is a pst princess crusier and invited 3 others cabins full of first timers. After we booked we found out about the referral bonus... nothing the TA or Princess could do to get us our money.. I WAS very upset but the $50 OBC per room was not worth my time.. I gave up and said enjoy the cruise.. we leave in 8 days :)

I am a first time cruiser (with Princess) and would like to know more about this on board credit you are talking about. I have not yet paid my final payment...will do that on April 1, its a June 17 sailing on the Caribbean Princess... anyone have any idea how I can get a hold of this on board credit?

I also will be a first time cruiser with Princess this May. I have already paid in full to my TA and called Princess direct yesterday to see if I qualify for any discounts or on board credits. They politely told me that can't discuss that with me since I have a TA. So I called my TA and asked her to check for me, she later called back and said that there was a $275 coupon book that was available that she has set us up for but no discounts or credits available now. :mad:

Does this on board credit just show up on the account once we board the ship or does something have to happen 1st?:confused:

me too!!! I have not made my final payment yet and booked through a TA.. We have onboard credits for $75.00 for a mini suite, and 50.00 for an inside...

The $200.00 onboard credit you are talking about, is this just for full suites?? And for one cabin?

My husbad and I will be going on the Sapphire Princess April 17th for 29nights out of Sydney. This is our first time on Princess(probably our last). We have already sailed 26 times with Royal Carib and 13 times with Celebrity plus other cruise lines and have found that Princess does not budge once you have paid the final payment. Royal Carib does work with you and so does Celebrity, when there is a large difference on the amount you paid and what the going rate is presently (ours was a difference of $1,400). My complaints fell on deaf ears! My husband and I cruise 6-7 times a year and needless to say, Princess will not be on our list. icon13.gif

Wow if you feel that way already why not bail out and get a partial refund?? :eek:

Looks like you will have a terrible time regardless if your that jaded. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want to spend 29 days stuck on a ship and cruise line that I already hated.

My husband and I are travelling on the Emerald Princess in Nov and would like to find out more about this credit. We made our reservations through a TA in January. At the time, she didn't mention anything about a $200 credit. We did get a smaller credit because we were put under a group that was travelling.

I received this coupon in the mail 3 weeks ago , I assume due to the fact I requested a brochure and am a first Time Princess cruiser. I booked last Friday when the Crown Princess was on some kind of flash special and the price was amazing! I was also allowed to use the credit . This will be my 18th cruise overall. I am quite excited to try Princess.

Since the cruise is less than 2 months out I had to pay in full , and the TA said the coupon had to be applied at the time of booking.

As for those experiencing huge price drops and not being able to get the adjustment. Happened to me on my last cruise 5 months ago, which is the reason I waited to book this one now. My 13 night RCL cruise was selling for as little as 499 in the 3 weeks prior to sailing. Jewel of the Seas with an itinerary that incluede Bermuda, Aruba and Curacao!!!!!!!! Go figure, ship never did sell out.

If I want an aft balcony or suite or a unique itinerary, I would book a year or longer out. For a caribbean cruise, I think waiting closer to sailing will work better, unless it is on school vacation, which I would never want to do anyway.

My wife and I are also first time cruisers. We booked through Princess and have paid in full. We are in a balcony room. Should we call Princess and ask about their on board credits? Even if we could get $50 that is better than nothing.

Thanks,

Tim

So, you can't get an OBC if you've sailed with Princess Before?

We sailed Sapphire last year, didn't use any codes, and are looking at Emerald next January. A OBC would be a very good incentive!;) :D

MC

The credit we are speaking of is a personalized mailing that some first time Princess cruises receive. It has to have you name on the letter and be sent to you by Princess, is my undestanding. If you have cruised with PCL before and you receive one in error, I have heard they do not honor it.

After reading the postings regarding the OBC of $200 for a suite - I called

Princess as we are first time cruisers, I did not have a clue what I was even

asking for except OBC - I got the most wonderful person, she spent over

45 minutes calling, searching and trying to help me out. We had to cancel

our existing booking and they transfered our booking to somthing called a

gold mine and we were given the $200.00 OBC for our Nov sailing of the

CP which really excited me. We also received the $50.00 for being 1st time

cruiers on a referral . So our cruise is sure starting off on a good note. I

was so surprised at this persons helpfulness as most of the time it is

"NO nothing we can do for you, thank you for calling Princess."!!!!! If we

get no further price reductions I am very happy at this point.

I called Princess yesterday asking about an onboard credit for first time Princess cruisers. I told her that I had read that Princess gave first time cruisers an onboard credit. Her reply, "I dont know where you read that but that is not true. Princess does not give onboard credit to first time cruisers." End of discussion, next question please! I think it was her first week working for Princess because I had a few more questions for her and she couldn't give me a straight answer to any of them.

Just thought I would let everyone know!

Tim:cool:

Wow if you feel that way already why not bail out and get a partial refund?? :eek:

Looks like you will have a terrible time regardless if your that jaded. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want to spend 29 days stuck on a ship and cruise line that I already hated.

Wow, Mr Coloncruiser why so hostile? That poor poster was only given a factual statement that they experianced. All info is critical to forumulate a personal opinion. Being forwarned is forarmed, is it not? If I read a negative sounding post, or a truly disasterous cruise review, I am educated enough to pick out reactions vs critical thinking. Maybe it's time you took some personal refreshmen time, great excuse for another cruise:) Try another cruise line, Celebrity is a great one, SilverSeas is awesome too.

Archived