Transportation from GIG to Hotel

suncitycruisers

Howdy suncitycruisers!

Welcome to the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you for your inquiry. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software such as avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, attaching pictures, etc. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per the Community Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the Ports of Call > South America Forum where it will be more on topic. The new location for your thread is a better location for more of your fellow Cruise Critic members to see it and to be able to help you with the information you seek.

I hope you don't mind a friendly 05.gif suggestion, but you might want to read the Community Guidelines and FAQ. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. You will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. It also gives a brief summary of the topics covered in some of the forum sections. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory, and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Can anyone recommend a service for getting from the airport to downtown Rio. We read recently that you need to be careful when traveling around Rio. Thanks for any info.

On your exit from customs, go to the taxi booth: Transcootour (http://www.transcootour.com.br) or Transcoopass (http://www.transcoopass.com.br). I am sure you can get a good and safe service. You pay in advance and CC Visa is accepted.

Can anyone recommend a service for getting from the airport to downtown Rio. We read recently that you need to be careful when traveling around Rio. Thanks for any info.

I have spent time in both Sao Paulo and Rio. Both cities are fine if one sticks to good neighborhoods and you don't go looking for trouble. Cabs and sedan cars are reasonably priced and available for getting around. I wouldn't use the non-registered cabs/cars.

I would recommend taking the sedan car - fixed price - from the airport to your hotel. The types of cars are listed as you depart the baggage area and you can obtain a car on the spot. Cabs may be a bit cheaper, but the fixed price cars are nicer and are still not all that expensive.

Don't let Rio's reputation keep you from enjoying what is truly one of the world's most beautiful cities.

Archived