Saving money on alcohol?

I've only been on one cruise before, and bought a few of the drink specials of the day, I think they were about 3.50 each. I think the bottles of wine will be considerably marked up at dinner time, other than the drink specials, any other venues where you can get reasonably priced drinks? Sailing on Celebrity Summit. Thanks!

I've only been on one cruise before, and bought a few of the drink specials of the day, I think they were about 3.50 each. I think the bottles of wine will be considerably marked up at dinner time, other than the drink specials, any other venues where you can get reasonably priced drinks? Sailing on Celebrity Summit. Thanks!

When we went last year on Millenium, I think they were $3.95. We smuggle, so I can't answer that! LOL Oh, the wine is high. Last year, we received one great coupon book in our cabin. We got a few buy one/get one free cocktail and wine coupons. Did you book with a TA? If so, ask if they have them. We also got two from the TA. Look for demos, they have a few of those, plus they also run other drink specials.

Something I noticed on our cruise last year....when I ordered a pina colada or other frozen drink, if I asked for a plain glass, the drink was $1 less....I didn't need all thos RCCL plastic glasses anyway.

Take on a box of wine and pay the $10 corkage fee. Nothing like seeing the waiter carrying a box of wine thru the dining room and setting it on your table during formal night.

Drink on the islands. Go into a jewelry store and act like you are going to buy a expensive item and they will give you all you want.

Utilize the captains and past cruise parties.

Buy a bottle at the duty free shops at the piers and down it before getting on board. Will keep you intoxicated until the next port.

Not true I just placed an order 100.00 for 3 bottles including grey goose and flowers! Not expensive and inclides liquor!

so there :-P:confused:

You are right! I think I was looking at another service! I just spoke with her and she cannot do our debarkation port anyway :mad:!

Not true I just placed an order 100.00 for 3 bottles including grey goose and flowers! Not expensive and inclides liquor!

so there :-P:confused:

WHAT??

I saw the Grey Goose and HAD to go to the website. Gotta have my Grey Goose and coke!LOL!

Depending on the port, they are searching suitcases to an extreme measure. Several people recently had to come down and unlock their suitcases and open to show them items such as hair spray and other bottled items in case they were trying to disguise liquor in those bottles.

I was going to take on some wine with RCL but decided against it after hearing the recent measures. Sailing tomorrow.

Archived