Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

Good Afternoon to All you Golden Cruisers!

Have a Great Day in Coquimbo, Chile:)

& we look forward to hearing from you All Soon as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!:eek:

(& A Special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Our Arlene!):)

Jot Bill (in Florida):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

Great picture Bill I was struggling to get one attached earlier, finally figured that out but you have to click on it to make it larger. What's your secret?

Golden people, please keep posting! We are really enjoying your trip.

Dianne

Donna--How did things work out for your tour yesterday in Valparaiso, with some of the tour members going on to Santiago and others of you going back to the ship? Considering all the problems you had reembarking, was the tour worth it?

Becky

Arlene - trust this board to know everything!!! So, I didn't know it was your birthday - (but we're not counting anyway ??? )

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!!!! :p

Hopefully by the time you arrive back here in sunny Fla. I'll be over this really bad pain spell and we'll go out and celebrate!!!!

I've been reading the thread (when I can manage to sit at the PC )

Hugs to Milt!!!

Renee

PS - I canceled the Dec. 15, 2007 Pacific..........Bummer ! I really wanted to go on that itinerary - but I've been feeling so poorly - I'm afraid to be out of 'medical civilization for that long!!! How long can this last! :eek:

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us know how you celebrate your birthday--Must be about dinner time now

Hope for something good--crab and lobster might just do the trick

Nancy:D :D

Hi All,

The Bridge (cards) Director and his wife are friends of ours. If you see them around please tell them hello from Jay and Shannon in Sonoma, CA.

Enjoying your thread, thanks for taking the time to post.

Regards,

Shannon

:D :D :D The Birthday Girl says Thank You to everyone for all the good wishes! She celebrated with chicken, broccoli and a Monster Chocolate Cake ;) Oh, and the entire dining room sang Happy Birthday - it was a lovely evening and will be long remembered.

Seas are very calm today, weather is warming up as we head to Arica, Chile. We're all enjoying the cruise and I'm sure the 'regulars' will be back to share their excursion experiences soon.

Cindy

CLICK ON & Make them BIG!

[ATTACH]39309[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39310[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39311[/ATTACH]

GM & Bye for now! My Best to you All, got to Run & Catch a Flight to FL to see some Clients, it's Tax Season.

Jot Bill

Thanks again to Jot Bill for posting our pictures from the glacier, when the Captain took us to in order to get away from the bad weather.

Easykruz,

Bill:)

Hello..it's really hard to post from here because the computers were very very slow yesterday. I tried to pay 2 bills and it took almost an hour.

You're paying bills while on the ship? Wow. I pay all the bills before we leave the house -- no way I'm spending part of my cruise paying bills.

Great to see you posting again. Heard you were a little under the weather. How are you doing now?

I was and for that matter I am still sick, but feel a lot better than before. I decided for once to listen to Vicky, my RN wife, to go see the Doctor. Thank God I did something smart for a change, otherwise there would not have been any Machu Pichu for me. The other problem it is hard to get into the internet cafe, where there is a longer line and slower computers and now they are running a special........$.75/minute.:eek: UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Easykruz,

Bill

We were all glad to see Bill and Vickie back out and about today and at the dinner table tonight!

Formal night, lots of beautiful gowns, smart tuxes, and, of course, my DH in his kilt (at least through the cocktail party and dinner - then a mad dash to change)

We have an impressionist in the Vista (skipping) and Words and Music, I think - have seen all the production shows quite a few times now, so I don't really keep track.

Tina and Ken and Arlene and Milt went to see the comedian last night and said he was really funny. Will try and catch him myself on his next show since they all raved about him at dinner.

We're still not doing very well at trivia - keep coming in second...There are some killer teams on board! Todays afternoon group got 19 out of 19 - one question thrown out.

We're off on a private tour with some new CCers tomorrow, and also our buddies Tina and Ken who have been sharing since Buenos Aires. We are looking forward to getting to know Phill and Ann and Joyce and Tom, and Jeana and replicating Edinburgher's tour program that is posted in the South America Forum. Thank you Fiona, if you are following this!

Nice weather today, calm seas and warming temperatures, lots of folks at the pools and entertainment poolside for the first time in a good while.

I see Bill across the room, so will close for now and let him add to the news from the Golden.

We have finally arrived in Arica, Chile. The weather this morning is comfortable with fog. The hills look dry, very similar to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The temperature at noon should be about 74F or 23C, sky will be mostly sunny, and the humidity will be 59%. Tonight we set our clocks back an hour so we will be on Eastern Standard time tommorrow.

Vicky and I are going to do Arica on our own. We plan on visiting the steel church that Mr. Eifel designed, climb a hill to see the "Christ Redeemer Statue" very similar to the ones' in Rio and Lisbon. That's if we are really ambitious. Also, we will do some shopping for souvieners.

Happy Cruising and we hope this makes your day a little brighter.:)

Easykruz,

Bill and Vicky:)

Archived