Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

So, I'd say, be prepared to be cold, and also bring some 'disposable' shoes - and throw 'em away before you get back on board. Penguins are not potty trained!

The penguins on our Punta Arenas penguin island excursion from the Golden Princess must have been potty trained because we didn't walk in or smell pink penguin poop. We did walk on a trail immediately next to the penguins. We brought along our disposable shoes just in case.

Mommykim and beckntom:

I wouldn't let crowds keep you away from the Falls. . . . MC

Thanks to all of you who made this recommendation. I'll certainly rethink my earlier comment. What a helpful bunch of people!:)

Becky

...take the Iguasu Falls tour . We talked to people who went and they said it was awesome and well-worth the money. Particularly those who got to the Brazilian side (but you'd need a Brazilian visa to do that.)

You are right. It is awesome. Photo shows one view from the Brazilian side.

1212767627_100_0305small.jpg.e735f83a4efb91e1546b67c53a067e77.jpg

Thanks to all of you who made this recommendation. I'll certainly rethink my earlier comment. What a helpful bunch of people!:)

Becky

Seeing as we'll both be on the same cruise ( I hope, I hope, I hope) we will likely both rethink it.

Thanks to all who are taking their time to post for us staying at home--and trying to see where the thread went.

Continue to have a great time!!!!!

Now, don't shut this down--just keep on telling us about your trip

Thanks, again

Nancy:D

Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to post from onboard, those of us back home really appreciate it! I hope those of you who are staying onboard continue to have a great trip.

I'd also really love to get the kids' patters (we probably won't do this sailing for a few more years and by then we'll have a little one), if someone could e-mail them to me too at ejs at u dot washington dot edu I'd appreciate it.

Please. all you cruisers, you may not have internet tomorrow while you are at port... but let us know how disemabarkment and embarkment goes. I think all you continuing cruisers can stay on ship. Is this correct? OR what can you do while in port... I would find tomorrow activities very interesting.. Please let us know what your do all day while in port at a "change over" of passanger day. HI to ALL OF YOU>>> really hope all is well..and having a great cruise.

Thanks so much to everyone who posted on this and the other thread. For those of you returning home, safe journeys and for those of you staying on, have a wonderful cruise and if you can, please keep posting so those of us stuck at home can enjoy your cruise as well.

Lola in Hamilton

Thanks so much to everyone who posted on this and the other thread. For those of you returning home' date=' safe journeys and for those of you staying on, have a wonderful cruise and if you can, please keep posting so those of us stuck at home can enjoy your cruise as well.

Lola in Hamilton[/quote']

Ditto from me too - safe travels to all:D :D

Thanks, Cathy! I looked at *all* your South America pictures and thoroughly enjoyed them . . with the exception of a few with really rough seas that didn't look too pleasant!:eek: It appears you had your share of good weather, too, and thankfully the day of the penguins was nice. Once again, thanks for sharing!

Becky

Hi Becky,

Thanks - glad you enjoyed the photos.

Have spent some time this eve again downloading - another 174 - now all of my penguin photos are on webshots.

I have one more card left to go. Maybe I can finish tomorrow night.

Cathy

Good Morning to All you Golden Cruisers!

Have a Great Day in Vaparaiso, Chile:)

& we look forward to hearing from you All as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!:eek:

Jot Bill (in Florida):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

Welcome Sami and a BIG thank you to everyone on board for posting and taking us along on the journey. It is so wonderful for those us stuck at home...to go along virtually.

:D

Thank you and safe journeys. We can't wait to hear about your daily adventures!

Laurie

Will you please pass on the previous posting to Arlene? Thanks!:)

Mary

Will do.

We're in Coquimbo today. Port area is a bit on the dumpy side. We're planning on getting off later and taking the shuttle to La Serena. Embarkation was chaotic, with no provisions made to accomodate or expedite the transit passengers, so by the time we got back from our excursion and made it through the embarking passenger line through security and onto a bus (being directed by the folks outside security to a Rotterdam bus along with a few other Golden passengers...) then letting off all the Rotterdam folks, circling around the containers for while, then (finally!) getting back on board, it was ten minutes of five (we got to the terminal at 3:30) and we skipped the get together. Will consult with other folks and see if it would be desireable to set up something for tomorrow - our first sea day.

Weather is warming, but slightly overcast. Lots of new folks, of course, but a lot of familiar faces as well as around 400 people stayed on board from BA.

Will do.

We're in Coquimbo today. Port area is a bit on the dumpy side. We're planning on getting off later and taking the shuttle to La Serena. Embarkation was chaotic, with no provisions made to accomodate or expedite the transit passengers, so by the time we got back from our excursion and made it through the embarking passenger line through security and onto a bus (being directed by the folks outside security to a Rotterdam bus along with a few other Golden passengers...) then letting off all the Rotterdam folks, circling around the containers for while, then (finally!) getting back on board, it was ten minutes of five (we got to the terminal at 3:30) and we skipped the get together. Will consult with other folks and see if it would be desireable to set up something for tomorrow - our first sea day.

Sounds like a hectic long drawn out experience:D but now you can relax for the next few days:D

Archived